Saturday, 23 October 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Travel Theme

Woohoo!! time for another challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and this week we have a theme for you which is "travel". Now, what else could I use but this stunning Tilda hurring along with her case spilling everywhere!?!? Just love this stamp! I have used paper from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby pad and some Bo Bunny paper, both distressed with vintage photo distress ink. I'm also entering my card into the Stampavie and More challenge as their theme this week is blue and brown.

I've coloured Tilda with copics and added a touch of stickles to the lace hem of her skirt and some of the clothing in the suitcase - poor love, her sparkly evening dress is falling out the case LOL!
The amazing replica Titanic Boarding Pass came from the lovely Lynn. I saw it on one of her cards a few weeks back and she kindly emailed a copy - I love the whole Titanic history so was thrilled and it just had to be used on this card! I've inked the edges of it with vintage photo distress ink., The lace and ribbon is from my stash and I added a gold spacer and fancy pearl from The Hobby House.
I also used my new favourite embellishment - OMG look how gorgeous this butterfly is!!!! It was gold originally and I've made it look tarnished by colouring it with a brown copic. It is from The Hobby House and there are several different sizes and designs - so gorgeous!

Hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenge! Pop over to the blog and see the rest of the team's stunning cards!! Thanks for looking! x

20 comments:

Haystack Creations said...

I love it so vintage. Your colouring is as always perfect

Andrea C said...

ooo this is so coolio x

sandra said...

She is so adorable!
Perfect coloring and great details!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Fran said...

Jane, I absolutely love your card!! That Tilda is sooo adorable and the ticket is perfect with this image. The blues you have used on Tilda are a gorgeous shade, so fabulous with the vintage colours and distressing on your card.

Bente said...

Gorgeous card, love all the wonderful details and just perfect coloring!
Have a lovely sunday!
Hugs, Bente

Karen said...

WOW Jane - How cute!! I love thsi Tilda too, in fact - I just LOVE all of them!! hahahah I really love that Titanic boarding pass - that is way way cool!! Awesome Card Jane!!! :-)
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Karen said...

Oh I forgot to say - your Butterfly is so gorgeous!! I saw these in a shop here (OMG how amazing is that... that we have something cool??) anyway It looks so much better tarnished up!! Its gorgeous:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

KarenB said...

Oh wow, your card is stunning. And I agree about the butterflu, how gorgeous.

Jannie said...

Wow Jane this card is gorgeous. Wonderful design papers and a fabulous image.
Have a nice day.
Hugs Jannie.

Renkata said...

Love your design Jane, beautifly coloured image.

Debbie Pamment said...

This is totally FABULOUS Jane!!!! I just hope she's on the Titanic's survivor's list - LOL
xXx

Diane said...

Great card, Jane - love the blue and brown combo!
Diane x

Shazza said...

this is such a stunning card, I love it x

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Jane said...

Fabulous, love the butterfly & the colours amazing, well done. Jane x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I adore the colour combo you have going on here. And the way you expertly applied it. I just want to keep staring!! Gorgeous distressing and the sketch is wonderful - beautifully balanced. What a great card!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Jane this is absolutely stunning!
Your colouring is superb and your design fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is wonderful, Jane!
An adorable image and your coloring is fab! I love the combination of distressed edges and sparkling.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Hugs, Anne :)

kaylou said...

wow this is so beautiful, thank you for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Kaylou xxx

Maria said...

I'm drooling Jane! Fantastic card and fabulous colouring. So in love with how you coloured her hair. The boarding pass is the perfect touch. Hugs, Maria