Thursday, 2 December 2010

A Sprig of Holly with Stempelglede for Quixotic Paperie

Warning - lots of pictures!!! Hehehe, you can always tell when I really love a card I've made as there are LOTS of pictures of every little micro detail LOL! This is one such card. I've used the gorgeous Vintage Holly stamp set by Stempelglede to make another card for Elaine at Quixotic Paperie. I really enjoyed making this! I'm going to enter it into the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge who want to see an old fashioned Christmas card this week. The paper is by K&Co and I've stamped around the edge of it with one of the holly stamps in the Stempelglede set.

How gorgeous is this holly spray!?! I love it! I coloured it with copics and added some glossy accents to the berries for some extra shine. I've also stamped one of the smaller holly stamps around the edge with Walnut Stain distress ink and inked around the edge with it too.
The gorgeous gold snowflake is from Tesco!!! Yes Tesco! They were selling off their Christmas decorations and I got 5 of these for 75p! LOL does anyone else do this? Whenever I'm shopping I'm always looking out for things that could go on a card LOL!
The music paper I created myself. I play the piano and have some VERY distressed books of music that my dear piano teacher gave me when I was 8 (they were already crumbly then LOL). You can barely turn the pages they are so old but as I play music I couldn't bare to tear them up to use on a card so I had the idea of copying som of the pages instead. I have then inked them with walnut stain distress ink and sprayed with gold cosmic shimmer for a gorgeous Christmas sheen. Love how it turned out and I can't believe I didn't think of it before, so watch out, you will be seeing lots of music paper flying about now LOL!
This is my favourite part of the card. I couldn't fit the Merry Christmas sentiment on as the image is large so added it in the form of a tag which I have then adorned with lots of bits and pieces from my stash. We have gorgeous green leaf ribbon, some then brown satin ribbon threaded with gold beads, two charms threaded on the gold twine that was on the gold snowflake, and some gems for holly berries. The charms were silver by the way, I've embossed them to turn them gold.
The whole lot is threaded through an eyelet on the tag and another eyelet on the card mat. I love the shabby vintage feel it has given the card!

Hope you like it and thanks for looking! You can get this gorgeous Stempelglede Vintage Holly set from Quixotic Paperie and if you haven't already seen the stunning new set, Vintage Christmas you're in for a treat! Can't wait to receive mine! x

10 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Jane this is utterly exquisite!
Such a stunning beautiful creation!
I cannot stop drooling!
hugs
kim x

Kreativmonster said...

Marvellous card! Everything is just perfect! I simply love it!

kelly said...

Stunning card Jane,loving the stamp.Great idea on copying the paper!Keep warm in this bad weather,but i bet the kids love hey!

craftymum said...

Hi Jane
sorry I haven't commented in a while. But I just had to today. This is so beautiful.
hugs Sarah x

papirdilla said...

I love this card, too:) It's really beautiful. So many wonderful details, wow! Great work:)

Hugs,
Hanne

mustavcoffee said...

Totally fabulous, love it so much. Thanks for the tip with the silver embellies, why didn't I think of that?
Great card:0) xx

Valerie said...

This is such a beautiful card!

Jane said...

Simply stunning, well done. Jane x

Tracey T said...

How do you keep coming up with these wonderful card ideas? This is another beautiful card, Jane and so cleverly put together. Hugs, Tracey T x

Dena said...

Jane, your creations are always so stunning and this is no exception!!!! Gorgeous!
Thank you for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!
Hugs, Dena