Sunday, 28 August 2011

Crafts and Me DT meets Wild Orchid Craft's Challenge

Today I'd like to share with you a card using one of Crafts and Me's stunning new digi images. This is Juniper - isn't she stunning!?!?! I took one look at her and thought she'd look fabulous in black and white as though she was an old Victorian print or something and I'm thrilled with how she turned out! I have used Dena's gorgeous sketch from Wild Orchid Crafts and the colour scheme from Everybody Art Challenge of brown and blue.

I coloured the image with copics and then inked around the edge with black soot distress ink before giving the whole image a cracked glass effect with UTEE. Once I had the cracked glass effect I inked over it with walnut stain distress ink. This gives such a fabulous aged effect as not only does it work into the cracks but in larger cracks it also seeps down into the cardstock to give brown spots which to me look similar to when a mirror is very old and the foiling is coming away from the glass. I was especially pleased with all the fine cracks that almost radiate from the mirror onto her face - how perfect - couldn't do that again if I tried LOL!

I wanted a real vintage "just found in the attic" feel to the whole card so tried to add lots of vintage touches. The little clip is by Tim Holtz as is the postcard stamp that I have stamped onto kraft cardstock. The pages were torn from a book and inked with walnut stain distress ink and I added a prima daisy, a Wild Orchid Crafts rose and a shell from my stash.

The cream background paper is by MME and I have stamped it with a Hero Arts handwriting stamp to give the impression that it is an old letter. The photo corner is by Tim Holtz too.

I added another Prima daisy and a some more Wild Orchid Crafts flowers in the other corner along with some more shells. Along the right hand edge of the paper I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape.

I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

15 comments:

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

Oh Jane this card may be my most favorite of yours! I love the black and white and the stained and cracked layer effect is amazing! I can't stop staring at all of the little details...stunning!

xo,

Abby

Alberto said...

hello jane :)

how great card, love the colors and thiis craft and me stamp!!! love them!!!
great work with the flowers and the papers!!!
greattt!!

Alberto

marion said...

Stunning card, love all the cute little things on it and also the vintage look of this card. Hugs, Marion

kingfrog said...

Сумашедшая открытка! Super!

Teresa said...

Fantastic card Jane, so beautiful. hugs Teresa xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Jane, love the crackled look and amazing colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jane said...

Wow Jane this is stunning! Love all your little details!

Kim said...

Jane this is gorgeous! What a beauty...love the black and white look of your beautiful image! Stunning work hun! Thanks so much for joining us at WOCC!
Hugs~ Kim

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mona E said...

OMG!!! This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Love it! You have done an incredible job. Hugs...Mona

Andrea C said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!! x

Mina said...

complete stunner Jane...I have just printed her to use...I love the amazing cracked glass effect mine always looks so dirty lol
Mina xxx

Teresa said...

Stunning card Jane,and that cracked glass technique gives a whole new look to the image, lovely,
Teresa x

Kerryn said...

what a lovely card!! I adore that old postcard style stamp on kraft paper!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

You already know (hopefully) that I'm a huge fan of your work. Having just come back from holiday I see you have been very busy creating and every single one of your makes is a little piece of art! I especially love this clever card. Hugs, Lesley