Sunday 6 March 2016

The Ribbon Girl DT - Card Challenge

 Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to everyone celebrating today!  Hopefully I'm busy having a lie in when this post goes live!  Not only is it Mother's Day, but today is also the start of our March card challenge over on the Ribbon Girl's blog.  It is an 'Anything Goes' challenge with the option of 'Spring/Easter'.  My card is for my Mum for Mother's Day.  I created the background with several Stempelglede stamps from the Post Card from Paris, Grunge Collection and Vintage Baby stamp sets.
 The bird is also a Stempelglede stamp, from the Vintage Garden set.  I have fussy cut around it though, the image is usually surrounded by flowers and leaves.  The postage stamps tucked here and there in the flowers are also a Stempelglede stamp from the Post Card from Paris set. 
 The birds were stencilled using Old Paper Distress Ink.

 All of the flowers, pine cones and lace are from The Ribbon Girl.  The trellis was cut with a Tim Holtz die.
 The lace and cheesecloth are from The Ribbon Girl too.  I have created the sentiment with some white Prima Wire Thread and coloured it with Old Paper Distress Ink.
 Here's a close up of some of the gorgeous flowers from The Ribbon Girl.  I especially love the new fabric blossoms, shown here in aqua and ivory.  I made the eggs from air drying clay.
 I have also created spirals in the floral spray using some of the Prima wire thread.
 The cameo is from The Ribbon Girl too.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at The Ribbon Girl Challenge.  As always there is a fabulous prize on offer!  Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

2 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

gorgeous card, your mum will love it - the background is fabulous, Mary x

on a good day said...

Your card is fabulously gorgeous! tfs Germaine