Wednesday 25 April 2012

Have A Sunny Day!


Woohoo!!  I had the chance to make a card just for the fun of it on Monday!!  I used lots of the stamps from the new Magnolia kit to create this beach scene pop up card.  As I had lots of time on my hands I also decided to have another go with the distress inks - it takes me so much longer than colouring with copics, and the result is far from perfect, but I loved it and it was so relaxing and that's what it should be about, right!?  I'm going to enter my card into the Colour Create Challenge which is yellow, blue and white and  Midweek Magnolias which is anyhthing goes.
 Here's a closer view without all the reflection in the foreground.  (Ihope it doesn't look as fuzzy for you as it looks on my screen!!  I don't know what is wrong with my photos just lately!)
 How cute is MiaMia the Flamingo!?  She has been painted with fired brick, worn lipstick and festive berries distress inks.  I've used the fence doohickey die for my beach fence, the shells are from Hobby Crafts and the flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I also added some tulle behind the shells to represent a piece of fishing net washed up on the beach.
 I masked Tilda with one of the shell stamps, I think she looks so cute sitting on it!  I added dots of white gel pen to her shoes.  I love her shoes I used to have some just like it and loved them!  I added "sand" with some embossing powder that I glued on instead of embossing and made little pebbles with liquid pearls in mushroom.
 For the background I have used the setting sun and the mini Tilda from the set.  The rest of the background I have drawn myself.  It is all painted with distress inks and I added some stickles to the sea to give the effect of it glistening in the sun - love that when you're at the beach - I could look at it all day!
 Here's a close up of mini Tilda.  Oh my was she hard to paint - I need to get some smaller brushes!!  I don't think she turned out too bad though considering I don't paint often and how tiny she is!  Her hair seems too big for her though or is it just me??
 I added some doohickey clouds at the top of the background and added the sentiment from the kit which I've cut into three for added interest.  The edge around the image was cut with some itonic scissors and the dots are mushroom liquid pearls.
 Here's a view looking down onto the beach.  I added some more fencing, lots of shells and a rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 Lol, sorry about all these photos, I just loved all the different angles of this card :)!
 The card folds flat for posting as the back panel slides down into the bottom section.
 If you want to make a free standing pop up card yourself you can find the tutorial I used here.  I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

23 comments:

Louise said...

Hi hun!
Oh...you have got to be kidding me, sweetie! It´s not perfect??? :o He,he,he! LOL!
IT IS! At least from where I´m seeing it!! Im in awe of this endresult..if I could only get half of this amazing results with my bloody Copics..I wouldn´t sell them all. Besides..nobody seems to want them..so I guess they have to stay...;)

I love, love, love this beautiful card and it´s so stunningly put togheter. The background is awesome and the decorations are so gorgeous!

Big hugs!

sara said...

omgoodness jane AMAZING girlie !!!!! wow so many gorgeous details love those tiny shells how sweet are they gorgeous gorgeous card im so glad you found some me time to play
hugs sara x x x

Debbie said...

Two beautiful cards afgain Jane. The tree is so nice very C&S yet really lovely. The Magnolia card is stunning, what a lot of work ent into that.
Thank you for your kind words yesterday, I was pulling my hair out but think i got it sorted, Debbiexx

The Craft Bucket said...

Absolutely stunning, can't wait for the the new stamps, have mine on pre-order. Thank you for the great inspiration as always. Jane x

Lily Anuska said...

This is gorgeus. Lily Anuska

Marja Sch said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Such a fabulous card. Hugs marja

Rosietoes said...

What a beautiful card, so much work but so wonderfully crafted.
Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Create. :)

Edna x

kelly said...

Stunning as ever Jane,you create wonderful scenes.

Gina K said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! I can't even imagine the time that went into this fabulous, detailed card.

Bhawana said...

you have given a great look for a standing card. Loved the way you have made it.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

One word: WOW! xx

Marrie said...

Hello jane,

What a beautiful card i love all the details and your colouring looks amazing.

Hugs Marrie

mgoll88 said...

What an wonderfull card project... perfect use of the new images

LG
Michaela

Catherine said...

This is stunning, what an amazing scene...

Janine said...

Wow, what an amazing creation Jane. I love everything about it :) I think I could just stare at your card all day, there's so much going on and so beautifully coloured too.
Hugs, Janine xx

Monique said...

Wow! That is so pretty!

Hugs Monique

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow what a wonderful scene I love your flamingo ;0) and the dots on the shoes what a gorgeous effect ! Your colouring especially the water is just out of this world !! Stunning ;0)

Eiglas said...

I think everything I could say about this wonderful card has already been said.

It's a fun, super beautiful card and I love it!

Hugs
Ei
x

Elizabeth said...

What an amazing scene!!!! Stunning. Love your coloring.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Janiel/ janny said...

oh oh oh.........Jane this is truly adorable!!! And hey sweetie LIFE is NEVER perfect. But your card is very very close. tee hee heeeeee....... I just love all of the new collection that you have used.......GREAT CARD!!! GREAT DETAIL and TONS OF FUN!!
hugs........Janiel

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word!!! Jane, how gorgeous is this sweet card. I love your layout, colouring. Wow!! Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias open theme challenge with your beautiful work. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi DT

Julie said...

Jane - this is jaw dropping!! Such a stunning scene and stunning colouring!! Hugs, Juliexx

shamraiz said...

oooooh I love this card!! its gorgeous hun. I so need to get my loopy bloom die out and give it some use!!...need to bribe my mum into getting her sewing machine out first so I can do some material ones too!!! :)
huge hugs xxxx
Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch card