Wednesday 22 April 2009

Commissioned Whiff of Joy card

I was really thrilled when my Brother's girlfriend asked me to make a card for her to give to someone after I gave her the "Gorjuss" bottle of wine. So this is my second "commission"!!

It has taken a lot of work as I decorated the inside and the envelope but I feel it has been worth it, I think this is my best card so far.

complete with matching envelope.......

The inside I'm really proud of. I can't remember where I've seen the idea, it was on the front of someone's card on their blog but I've looked and looked and can't find who's it was sorry, but suffice it to say it isn't my idea! I did it out of necessity really as the sentiment was too long and I didn't feel it would look right cut up. I had already planned to decorate the inside with the same image as on the front so it all sprang from there really, threading the sentiment onto some ribbon through the image panel. I'm so chuffed it worked! So when you open the card all you can see is "We're so" and then you pull the ribbon to reveal "proud of you". Will definitely be using this idea again.


Here are some details of the front. I have used my first charm and also you may notice that wahing powder net is back again this time coloured aqua with a few liquid pearls added. I also used my favourite New Year swirl stamp from Magnolia on the sentiments as they looked too white. I have done a yellow "candle glow" on Melinda's face too which I didn't think of doing before when I have coloured her.








Image: Melinda with muffin basket from Whiff of Joy coloured with Copics

Papers: Cosmo Cricket

Flowers: Prima and clear ones from stash

Netting: courtesy of a well known washing powder!

Other tools: Liquid Pearls, Anitas glitter glue, Q chalks, Woodware leaf punch

4 comments:

Di said...

OH Jane this is fabulous and so clever again!! i have this stamp and havent used it yet, you have inspired me to do so! i love the colours you've used and the sentiment is really clever she will love it!

Hugs DI xx

cindersmcphee said...

Card is really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jane, Love Sue x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jane, I love your layout and those embellies and papers, Fab!
Erin xxx