Friday 24 April 2009

Just Magnolia challenge No 2



The challenge over at Just Magnolia this week is to make a card using pink and green. I was in the middle of making this for my Niece's birthday so it spurred me on to finish it! I must be a mind reader as I was using pink and green LOL!!! I have stamped the New Year swirl stamp from Magnolia behind Tilda, it was my first go at masking and overstamping. I love the swirl stamp sooooo much, I think I use it on nearly every card in one way or another! Inside I have made a pocket as we always give her money for her birthday. Thank you so much to Rachel Jakes for the inspiration for this, I love her blog and saw the pocket idea on there. The heart on the inside ribbon happened kind of by accident, which I find happens a lot and ends up being better than my original idea LOL! I was going to do a bow to match the front and thought I'd run out of ribbon so cut a heart out of the paper instead........when I cleared my table I found a piece of the ribbon that would have made the bow LOL....must be tidier...but I think it works with the heart anyway. I made dots on her dress with the copic colourless blender so that it matches the spotty paper.




The inside






There is a money pocket behind Tilda!



A close up of her cute little face!



and her dotty dress. I also made an envelope to match.


Image: Tilda with hearts from Magnolia coloured with copics


Papers: Bo bunny

Flowers: Prima and xcut punch


Ribbon & embellishments: from stash

12 comments:

זהבית שקד said...

love your card

Di said...

This is fabulous Jane i too have just made a Tilda card in pink and green i must have alook at the challenge, maybe i can send mine in. This is fabulous and i love that flourish stamp and the envelope, the whole thing is delish. Well done

Hugs Di xxx

cats whiskers said...

Great card love that tilda and the paper is just perfect as is your colouring, thanks for joining us this week
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Linda said...

Hi, lovely card.

Naoual said...

Your card is beautiful Jane, I love the image you used and your colouring is gorgeous!!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Mina said...

wow just stunning...love the inside and out...I have done that with ribbon lol...thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia xxx

Yvonne said...

A wonderful and pretty card. and the image, she is such a sweetie

Donna said...

your coloring is wonderful on Tilda, and such a pretty card, love the layout too.
hugs
Donna

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Michele x

Tab said...

Stunning card Jane, inside and out! Love this cute Tilda and you have coloured her to perfection!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Absolutley gorgeous, so much beatuiful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x

Rach said...

so adorable. thank you for joining us at just magnolia this week. hugs rachxx