Saturday 18 April 2009

Just Magnolia challenge

Getting into this blog challenge stuff now! Although I find working to a sketch harder than doing my own thing! I really love all the rich brown papers about at the minute and think they look great with minty greens so that was my inspiration for the card to Donalda's sketch. I only have one Magnolia stamp (gasps!!!) at the moment (trying to persuade hubby for more) and she seemed a bit large so made her "jumping" out of a square instead. I made the flowers myself and got to use my new toy which I got yesterday....a leaf punch! can't believe the difference a couple of spriggy leaves makes. My little boy is enthralled with it and has cut about 30 out this evening to make a tree collage. I'm going to have to keep my punches under lock and key LOL!











This is the inside of the card decorated with head of same image, same flowers and papers and the swirls I have done with Liquid pearls. x

7 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

What a fantastic interpretation of this sketch, love the colour combo, that dotty paper is lush.......only 1 Magnolia stamp!!!!!!! Shock horror......you could always do some image swaps to get more!!! I love this stamp though and you have coloured her perfectly.

Hugs

Sarah

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joiningus this week with such a beautiful executed card, lovew it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

Fabulous card, the papers and colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us for our first week x

Marcea said...

What a gorgeous card. Fabulous image and details :o)
Thanks for joining us this week on Just Magnolia
-x-

Naoual said...

This is such a beautiful card, love the Tilda you used and you've coloured her beautifully!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Tab said...

Beautiful card hun! Love the sweet Tilda that you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx