Sunday 31 May 2009

Whiff of Joy Brown & Blue challenge

Wow what amazing weather we've had this weekend. It's been glorious!! We have had two BBQ teas.....mmmmm...delicious and no cooking for me because of course men HAVE to do the BBQing LOL!!! Hubby had a well earned day off today, he has been doing a lot of work outside when not at work to help with the extension we're having built so doesn't seem to have been around much. So today we went to our local beach, just twenty minutes away. It was great, it felt like being on holiday abroard it was fab! Didn't get much sunbathing done though, our little girl (14 months) decided she loved attemtping to walk on the sand with us holding her hands so we 've got curved spines now LOL!

Anyway...onto my card. This is for the Whiff of Joy challenge to make a brown and blue card. I love these colours together. I used one of the new summer kit stamps "shy Willow", she's gorgeous, I love the victorian style clothes they're wearing. I don't have a cuttlebug or similar and get a bit fed up with everything being square so drew round part of a handle on a baby plate we have to create the shape around Willow....really like it actually! Oh and shhhhh, don't tell my little boy I pinched two feathers out of an easter decoration he has in his room to sit behind one of the flowers! No inside views today I'm afraid, I've kind of lost my steam with this one, I have none of the blue paper left and am not sure who I'm giving it too so just couldn't decide what to put inside.

Image: Shy Willow from Whiff of Joy summer kit coloured with copics
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, Kaisercraft
Flowers: punched with EK success retro punch and Xcut flower punch
Brads: Dovecraft
Butterflies & sentiment: from stash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sue x