Monday 18 May 2009

Whiff of Joy gift box

Here is the gift box I told you about this morning. I have made it to match one of the cards I made for a WOJ challenge a few weeks ago that I have decided to give to my Aunt for her birthday. I'm going to make some jewellery to go in the box when I can decide what to make and what beads to buy LOL. I've mostly used the same papers as on the card from the scraps I had left but I also used three stamps from my Stempelglede grunge collection that I got last week. I just love these so much, I love distressed things so these stamps are perfect for me. I got the inspiration for the box after seeing the one Tab made a couple of weeks ago (thanks Tab, I just had to make one after seeing yours!!!). I didn't have enough of the ribbon left to make a ribbon fastening as I'd planned originally so I made a magnetic fastening one with a ribbon bow instead. I used a sentiment from the WOJ spring swirls set which I thought was quite fitting for a box that is going to contain sparkly jewellery.

I have stamped part of the image for the inside of the box so it matches the card.

A close up of the inside, I added some tiny "diamonds" around Melinda.

I stamped the magnetic closures with a Stempelglede grunge stamp and added a bow.

This is the card I have matched the box to. It appears in an earlier post here if you would like further details.

Image: Melinda with Muffin Basket from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics

Papers: Cosmo Cricket dutch girl collection and My minds eye laundry collection

Flower: Prima

Ribbon, wire etc: from stash

Other equipment: Stempelglede grunge collection stamps

1 comment:

Lilacanglia said...

Its beautiful
Hugs
Angie