Monday 3 August 2009

Just Magnolia challenge - distressing

Finally managed to make something amidst the rubble and dust that is my house at the moment! My windows are in and the inside is starting to be put back together with stud walls and plasterboard so at last I feel like the end is in sight! Thank you for all your kind words! Still haven't found any of my beloved wallpaper but have come up with a cunning plan that involves the leftover bits in the loft and some paint!

Anyway, enough waffling, this is my entry for this weeks Just Magnolia challenge which is distressing, my favourite thing! As you can see instead of a card I have made a door hanger for my friend's daughter's 4th birthday. I have used another of the gorgeous summer stamps from Magnolia that a friend sent me along with the strawberry image. Both perfect for a little girl's gift I think. I have distressed the edges of the door hanger and the edges of the strawberry image and stamped the Magnolia new years swirl stamp around the edges with tattered rose distress ink. Along the right hand edge I have also embossed the swirl in silver.

The large flower is made up of a prima painterly petal and a paper rose, a couple of daisies and the leaves were punched with a woodware punch. The butterflies were lilac so I've coloured them with copics to match the deep pink of the flowers. The letters are stick on die cuts from a Forever Friends set.

A close up of the yummy strawberry and Tilda with her ice lolly.

Another view for you!

Thanks for looking x

Images: Magnolia summer kit coloured with copics, Magnolia New Years Swirl

Papers: Papermania

Flowers: Prima painterly petals, rose from The Hobby House, daisies from Tabbycrafts

Ribbon: Offray

Gems: from stash coloured with copics

Other equipment: Woodware leaf punch, tattered rose distress ink, silver embossing powder, heat gun and clear embossing ink

11 comments:

Victoria said...

This is just adorable Jane. I love these new magnolia stamps and this door hanger is gorgeous!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Rach said...

Jane this is adorable. so pretty. hugs rachxx

Lilacanglia said...

This is FANTASTIC,
gorgeous,
Hugs
Angie

Tab said...

Oooh I love your sweet doorhanger, the image is adorable and such delish colours too!

Ooh things sound like they are motoring on with your extension, can't wait to see what you come up with with your wallpaper leftovers!
Hugs Tab xxx

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous door hanger Jane love the colouring and details.
Hugs Linda

Sue said...

This is beautiful, well done.
Sue xx

Mina said...

fabulous door hanger Jane, beautiful colouring and love your flowers
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww Jane, this is so so sweet! Love it! You have coloured the images beautifully and I love the flowers! So pretty!
Erin x

cats whiskers said...

Jane another absolutely stunning creation dear, I love this dore hanger its is all the little extras that bring your work to life
Hugs Jacqui x

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the project you chose. What a great job on the distressing.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Bev said...

Jane this is fabulous hun!! Love all the amazing detail. Thanks for joining us this week x