Wednesday 19 August 2009

Whiff of Joy challenge - Rach's sketch

Morning! Hopefully this has posted as scheduled as I am enjoying myself on holiday in France, and as you're reading I shall more than likely be tucking into some yummy croissants and jam! We have a gorgeous sketch for you this week at Whiff of Joy challenge by our very own, super talented Rach! This is a gorgeous sketch, I loved working with it and I'm sure you will too!

I needed a card for a friend's son a couple of weeks ago and knew instantly I wanted to use my Charlie stamp, he is so cute and of course perfect for a boy's card. The papers are from the K&Co Wild Saffron collection and I have distressed them with antique linen, brushed cordoruy and faded jeans distress inks. I have distressed the edges with some tearing which shows peeps of Bo Bunny Eire Celtic Text paper underneath.

The sentiment I have written in a Gothic hand with my calligraphy pen, fitting for a knight I think!


The corner element I have created with a knotted ribbon.

Inside I have used the same papers and I have written the sentiment on a piece from a diary of the date of his birthday. I stamped the Charlie's shield and sword and cut them out separately. I cut Charlie's fingers off (poor lad LOL) and coloured the remainder of his hand to match the rest of the handle so it is now just a sword!

On the other side a simple scrap of paper for a money pocket and Charlie's banner to finish! Hope you can find time to join us this week, do pop and look at the rest of the DT's cards, they're gorgeous! x

Image: Knight Charlie and Banner from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics

Papers: K&Co Wild Saffron, BoBunny Eire Celtic text, Coredinations cardstock

Ribbon and Brads: from stash

Other equipment: Tim Holtz distress inks in brushed cordoruy, antique linen and faded jeans

5 comments:

Rach said...

a fabulous card jane, you did a wonderful job with my sketch, ooooh croissants and jam sounds so yummy, hope your having a wonderful holiday. hugs Rachxx

Victoria said...

This is fantastic adore all the elements used x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Love this cute Charlie image and your calligraphy handwriting is fab! Wish I could do that!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Super card Jane - well thought out ;)

Giò said...

hi Jane, this card is amazing. I love the image and how you colored it. I also love the distressed edges. hugs giò