Wednesday 16 September 2009

Whiff of Joy GDT call - 4th entry


I have made another creation for the Whiff of Joy GDT call that Katharina is holding on her blog. This time I have made a christmas card with the beautiful Musing Melinda stamp. I love this stamp so much, it is probably my favourite actually, I just love the look on her face and her outfit! I used a gorgeous glittery paper from My Minds Eye that isn't actually a Christmas paper but I think it works well because of the colours and all that glitter!





I have stamped around the edges of my image with a Stempelglede stamp with antique linen distress ink and also distressed all the papers with the same ink. Melinda is, of course, coloured with copics and I have added glitter glue to her wings and her bracelet.



I really went to town with the flowers on this one LOL! I added a gorgeous layer of Prima poinsettias and leaves in the bottom corner along with some tiny red roses and a pearl headed pin for some extra luxury and then a white blossom and red roses in the right corner. The roses and blossom flower have been given a spritz of glimmer mist! I created a gather at each end of the crochet lace and added a diamond gem to each gather and a huge organza bow with the tails hanging behind the image to the bottom of the card.


and finally.....my usual querky angle picture but what do you think of the picture below???



I found this gorgeous silk rose in my wardrobe last night and happened to put it down near my card and it looked so beautiful with it. Maybe I've found a new photo prop? Thanks for looking!


Image: Musing Melinda from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics


Paper: My Minds Eye


Flowers: Prima and Wild Orchid crafts


Pin: Tabbycrafts


Ribbon, lace and gems: from stash


Other tools: Stempelglede grunge stamps, antique linen distress ink, clear glitter glue

12 comments:

Giò said...

Hi Jane.... really lovely card. Beautiful colors and amazing details:))

Good Luck Dear!!!!
Giò

cats whiskers said...

Jane another one thats sure to be a winner I do love how you take photos of your cards that rose just adds the finishing touch I wish I had that artistic touch
Hugs Jacqui x

Georgia said...

Hi Jane,
This is beautiful, really pretty! I love this cute image and the flowers look so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Paper Paradise said...

Gorgeous card. It's great to adapt a non Christmas paper, it works so well here. And as for the props, wooooooh, lol.
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jane,
Sue x

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is stunning Jane, you have colured the image so beautifully, the flowers are stunning, beautifully photography too, hoping your punch is not giving you any more grief XXX

debby4000 said...

On this is gorgeous and what amazing work, beautiful details and sweet image.
luv
Debby

The Dolphin Inn said...

Thankyou for your kind words (((((HUGS))))) XXX

Rach said...

gorgoeus Jane, love the pretty details you have added .. your colouring is beautiful of Melinda.. wonderful job.. good luck sweetie. hugs rachxx

Marga said...

Another wonderful card from your hand, you are amazing talented, everytime I look here I see more gorgeous cards and projects! Wish I had your talent :)
xx Marga

Aija said...

Oh wow, lovely strong colours. The hair looks so alive :)
You have put all toghether so nicely!

Tab said...

Such a beautiful card, hun, love your choice of image and colours! Good luck with the GDT call!
Hugs Tab xxx