Friday 2 October 2009

Crafty Calendar Challenge DT card - October

Morning! Today is an exciting day as it is the launch of the new monthly Crafty Calendar Challenge blog! Our first ever challenge for you is to make a card with an autumn theme, this can be by colours, image, whatever takes your fancy! There is also a please include option of plants/vegetation. We also have a fantastic prize kindly donated by this month's sponsor, Chris from Sketching Stamper Digi-stamps!
I had great fun with my card. Originally it was going to have the autumn Oakley from Whiff of Joy sat on the mushroom but once I'd got my papers on I had a different idea to make this a fun card for my Dad's birthday, so just used the gorgeous mushroom which is also from Whiff of Joy. I don't know what on earth made me think of the sentiment, sorry, it is incredibly cheesey but funny don't you think!


I have added lots of punched leaves for a real autumn feel, and they're growing out from the tears in the paper all over the place....

....as you can see!!!!


I have used another Whiff of Joy stamp in the bottom corner and added yet more leaves! Well it is autumn, they get everywhere don't they LOL! All the papers have been distressed with Tea Dye distress ink and I have also stamped a gorgeous Stempelglede grunge flourish around the edges with espresso coloured ink.

I have fully decorated the inside also, and the sentiment carries on from the front. So the whole thing says "Ain't mushroom.......for improvement with a Dad like you!" LOL, oh dear, I truly am sorry but it tickled me at the time and male cards are difficult aren't they?!

Hope you like it and aren't groaning too much at the cheesey sentiment! Do check out the rest of the DT's work and I hope you'll join us for this month's challenge!
Image: Mushroom from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics
Papers: Bo Bunny Eire Celtic Text, coredinations cardstock
Other stamps: Stempelglede grunge flourish hearts collection, autumn corner stamp from Whiff of Joy
Leaves: woodware punch
Other tools: Distress ink in Tea Dye

11 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Jane I love it, fabulous card!
x

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Jane, I love the autumnal colours and all the fabulous details...just stunning.
Also, I just wanted to say thanks for your kind words and support through this worrying time for me .... I really do appreciate it and they have really kept me going...thanks so much hun. Mwah Debbie x

Nilla said...

Wow what a beautiful card with all the details! Love how you colored the mushroom! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

I have just found you passing through Katharina's blog and had to leave a comment, This card is beautiful, you have a great style,and I can't wait to see the rest of your work past and present...
x
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Jane, this is georgeous, Sue x

Georgia said...

I absolutely love your beautiful card Jane, let's hope we get lots of entries! :)
Love, Georgia xx

cats whiskers said...

Just spent a lovely time viewing all your wonderful creation since I last visited wow girl you ROCK
Hugs Jacqui x

Kari said...

Oh,my..Your card is wonderful!Lovely autumn colours and your colouring is amazing!Gorgeous details!Thank your for visiting my blog and your kind words ;)
I have looked in your blog and so many gorgeous things you have made:)
Have a wonderful Saturday:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Ruth said...

Beautiful card.I love all the detail,Ruth x

Laura (Faerielore) said...

i love this card it has so much detail, truely beautiful xxx

theneon said...

WOW! What more can be said about this exquisite card -- yet perfect for your father! Your blogging title says it all: "Jane's Lovely cards." Congrats on being a design team member for this exciting new blog challenge.