Thursday, 8 October 2009

Thank you card



I needed to make a thank you card recently and decided to make it just exactly how I wanted rather than to fit a challenge. This is what I came up with! (sorry there is some sort of wierd ring of light at the right hand side, I think the sun reflected of some keys that were nearby LOL).



I used one of the gorgeous stamps from the Whiff of Joy autumn kit. I just love these so much! The "thank you" I have written myself with my calligraphy pen onto white card that has been stamped with Stempelglede grunge circle stamp in antique linen distress ink. I have attached it to the card using the wire stem of the rose!





In the corners I have stamped a Stempelglede grunge flourish with brushed cordoruy distress ink, and all the papers have been distressed with antique linen.





I have spritzed my flowers with pearl glimmer mist but it isn't showing too well on these photographs and the card has gone to the recipient now so I can't retake them! I added two white butterflies punched with my MS Monarch butterfly punch. I am loving this punch so much! (as you can probably tell by all the butterflies fluttering around my work LOL)





I also used my MS doiley lace punch for the green backing paper. I love these papers so much. I had to buy another pad before I could bare to cut any of them so that I knew I had some spare when I cut them LOL! Isn't it funny how we can't bare to use the gorgeous things we buy for cardmaking!



Hope you like it and thank you for looking! x



Image: Willow with grapes from Whiff of Joy coloured with copics

Papers: K & Co Brenda Walton Madeliene collection

Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

Punches: MS Monarch Butterfly, MS Doiley Lace, Woodware leaf punch

Other tools: Calligraphy pen, Tim Holtz distress ink in antique linen and brushed cordoruy, Pearl Glimmer mist, Stempelglede Grunge Stamps and Stempelglede Grunge Flourish Hearts stamps

15 comments:

Tessa said...

beautiful card!!

Francesca said...

Fab card , those papers are wonderful

Hugs
Francesca

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love all the details
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie what a little stunner love this card
Hugs Jacqui x

Juls said...

just beautiful!! I love all the stamped swirls!!

Tab said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the sweet image and all the embellishments are perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

joey said...

Hi Jane

thankyou for your kind words yesterday :O)

your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love those flowers and beautiful image

Joey.xxx

Stephanie said...

A truly beautiful card Jane & as for your penmanship - flawless!!
Hugs xxx

Sue Moone said...

Stunning card Jane,
Sue x

Janice said...

Beautiful card and you did a great job with the calligraphy- who needs stamps when you can do that!

Jo said...

Lovely card so much detail. Hugs Jo x

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! Such a beautiful image and I love your calligraphy sentiment.

Lisa x

Rach said...

oh wow sweetie, this is one fabulous card, so pretty and with such wonderful details.xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Jane this is utter perfection!
A totally sensational card!
hugs
kim x

NormaJ said...

Your thank you card is stunning. So soft and
well done. I love the colours and the blending that you did. Beautiful