Sunday 29 November 2009

Stempelglede card contest

Stempelglede stamps have a card contest to use their stunning stamps at the moment, using the above pictures as an inspiration colour guide. Gunhild designs the most beautiful stamps and I am lucky that I have two of the sets, the grunge collection and the grunge flourish hearts collections. I have used stamps from both sets to design the card below for a Wedding Anniversary.

I have stamped the splatter stamp from the grunge collection around the edges of the paper with white Q chalk and again with antique linen distress ink to give an aged look to the papers. The edges have also been distressed with the edge of a metal ruler and stitched on the sewing machine.
I wanted to show a variety of ways the Stempelglede stamps can be used. In two corners of the paper I have stamped a flower from the grunge collection with white Q chalk edged with weathered wood distress ink. I then masked the flowers and stamped a flourish from the grunge flourish hearts collection over the top using brushed cordoruy distress ink so that the flowers look as though they are on top of the flourishes. I have then added tiny blobs of gold liquid pearls to the centres of the flowers.
Here you can see the masked flowers and grunge stamp in the bottom left corner, I really love the effect it has achieved so you will be seeing this again on my cards for sure! I have used this flower/flourish design as a base for the paper flowers. The large blue rose is from Hobby Craft and the rest are from Wild Orchid crafts, all sprayed with glimmer mist. I also curled the wire stems and have added some leaves punched with a Woodware punch and distressed with brushed cordoruy ink. The gorgeous fibres are from Craft Obsessions and I thought they perfectly matched the gingerbread inspiration picture!
The main focus of the card is a heart from the grunge flourish hearts collection. First I stamped the heart with weathered wood distress ink onto a white paper and distressed the edges with a splatter stamp and sponging. I then stamped the stamp with brushed cordoruy ink onto a duck egg blue paper and cut out just the centre heart. This has been raised on foam pads for dimension and I have added gems around the entire heart. I have layered the heart section onto the card using foam pads and added some punched leaves around the edge.
Along the top edge I have torn into the paper and added some pale grey lace peeping out.
I hope this shows the versatility of these stunning Stempelglede stamps and that you have enjoyed looking at my creation. Happy Sunday! x

20 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh my word dear this is just breath taking!!! I have seen these stamps on blogs and so tried to get one but they won't ship to me so lucky for you dear. So love your card dear so much detail hon

Francesca said...

Fantastic Card , the colours are wonderful

Hugs
Francesca

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning hun! So elegant wit a perfect vintage feel too:) Just gorgeous! The stamps you've used are gorgeous! Good luck with the contest hun! Hugs, Rowena

Minxy said...

Absolutly Stunning Jane.. love all the detail you've put into it.. good luck with the comp x
hugs minxy

Minxy said...

oh i forgot to say.. there is something waiting for you on my blog x
hugs minxy

Elisabeth said...

ohhh this was a wnderful card.
Have a lovelly sunday.
Hugs, Elisabeth

Mina said...

fabulous card Jane, oh I wish I had some of their stamps to join in...I love the design of this stunning card
Mina xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Stunningly beautiful card - love the details. good luck in the competition. Kim

Unknown said...

I have seen these stamps I love them but can't get them here in the UK love yr flowers in the corner too lovely colours it's a stunning card

Love Dawn xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just fabulous dear.
Sorry for the flying visit playing catch up again
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

Absolutely stunning work sweetie - your attention to detail is just amazing xx

Giò said...

Fabulous card Jane, I really love the elegant look and the colors too.

Hugs
Giò

Shannon said...

Beautiful card! I especially love the flowers that are white and you can barely see them. I would love to know how you did those flowers. Possibly watermark ink? I love all the detail in this card and all the little flourishes. There are all kinds of little embellishments on this card to admire.

Gunhild said...

Hi Jane!

Thank you for joining the contest! Your card is beautiful! I love the masked flowers and the colors are gorgeous!

Hugs, Gunhild

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours and the flowers and the lace peeping out.. Stunning!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Pia said...

what a beautiful card

Jannhild said...

Lovely lovely cards, Jane!
Wonderful details and beautiful colors!
Good luck!

Hugs from Jannhild

Anita Hagen said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers and masking.

Hugs from Anita

Sol said...

Wow So Beautiful! I love the flowers and masking too... I´ts like you have made your own paper! And that I like!.. So So Beautiful... :)

❤ Kaia said...

WOW.
This is really beautiful.

Kaia