Tuesday 17 November 2009

Whiff of Joy Christmas Card

Morning! I'm so excited today, as regular visitors will now I have had a large extension added to my house, this includes a new lounge. Ever since I was very small I've wanted a stone fireplace because I just love anything old and medieval looking.....we splashed out and ordered one for our new lounge 6 weeks ago (it is dug out of the quarry to order who cool is that!) and it is being delivered today!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I know that is not exciting news for you all but I just can't wait to see it!
Anyway....onto my card. Remember my sketch on the Whiff of Joy challenge a couple of weeks ago? Well this was the first attempt at my sketch which I wasn't too happy with so made the other one for the actual DT post. This one just didn't go to plan somehow!
I've used the beautiful Willow with Gingerbread heart (yes her gingerbread is green...I thought it was a present when I coloured it then saw the name of the stamp LOL)
The gorgeous rose is from Hobby Craft, spritzed with glimmer mist of course! the snowflakes have been punched with a MS punch, distressed with antique linen and covered in glitter. I added a touch of twine and some pearl pins behind the rose too.
Peeping from behind the image is a tag with another snowflake.....
.....and on the other side of the tag is Willow with stocking. The sentiment is also from the Whiff of Joy winter kit. I have stamped the snowflakes from the winter kit on the backgrounds of the images and the sentiment with pale blue Qchalk but you can only just see them in the picture.
Finally a view of the whole card opened out. Thanks for looking and enjoy your day! x

6 comments:

Ruth said...

This is a beautiful card,Jane. The details are wonderful.Enjoy your new fireplace too.I love my fireplace too and think if I ever moved house I would have to have it taken apart brick by brick and brought with me!! Ruth x

Mina said...

how exciting takes piccys and give us a nosy Jane...gorgeous card but I loved the other one...we crafters are such perfectionists arnt we
Mina xxx

Sarah said...

Wow what a beautifully intricate card, I love it x

Jane said...

This is lovely Jane...I love that big rose!

The fireplace sounds like it is gonna be gorgeous....make sure you post a pic!!

Jane
x

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hi jane lovely card welldone you. did you get a chance to go to the hobby house at the weekend, bev was there. i went on the saturday morning it was a good morning. have put the card i did on my blog, it is a bit diffrent to what they did, bev has now put it on here site to. hope your crafting gose well this week, take care blubell x

Janne said...

A beautiful card. Very nice colouring...:D