Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Crackers and Merry Christmas



Well, here we are, Christmas Eve, my little boy is so excited I don't know how he is going to get through the day bless him! I still have some food to prepare and we decided not to wrap the children's presents until tonight in case they found them so another busy day! I wanted to share with you (if indeed anyone actually reads this LOL) the Christmas crackers I made following Rach's fabulous tutorial on the Whiff of Joy Tutorial and Inspirations blog. I'm so excited to see if the snaps work LOL. The paper is by Kaisercraft and matches the colours of my dining room brilliantly! It is double sided, the purple trims are all made with the other side of the paper.

I have used Wee with Drum on two of the crackers, coloured with copics and details with a gold gel pen....




....on the other crackers I have used Willow with Stocking, again coloured with copics and the white trims have been covered with stickles.




The images have been matted onto the reverse side of the paper and I have applied gold liquid pearl dots around the edges.




The gorgeous ribbon is from the Hobby House. I used my MS doiley lace punch on the edges of the paper stiffeners at each end and glued them so that the protuded from the edge to show off the lace in the contrasting paper. Hope you like them! I would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas with your famillies and friends, I hope it is a special day for you all. Last but not least a couple of little pictures to get you in the Christmas spirit!


The mini snowman my little boy made on the patio table (complete with paper hat by moi LOL!)
and last but by no means least a picture of my stone fireplace all deocrated for Christmas and our first fire in it! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! X





5 comments:

Paul said...

Great crackers and they'll be unique to your Christmas table.
Have a great day tomorrow.
TFS
Paul

Janette said...

WOW those crackers are superb,your house looks brilliant to,have a wonderful christmas Jane,Janette.x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful Jane! Love the images! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

Jane said...

The crackers are fab....I wouldn't want to pull them tho they are too nice!

Your new fireplace looks lovely and cosy!

Have a lovely day tomorrow!
x

Stampin Mindy said...

These are beautiful! You have such gorgous coloring!