Tuesday 22 December 2009

A Spoonful of Sugar challenge

Still cracking on with the Christmas cards, I truly cannot believe how many I've made the last fortnight!! This one is to the gorgeous sketch at A spoonful of Sugar challenge. I love this sketch, lots of interesting layers, thank you! Papers are Basic Grey Wassail collection and I have distressed the edges with scissors, brushed cordoruy distress ink and stickles.
I have used the gorgeous Wee with Drum from Whiff of Joy, I love these gnomes and they're great to colour! I have coloured Wee with copics and added stickles to the shading around her feet and added details to her outfit and drum with a gold gel pen. I have stamped a swirl from the Christmas swirls from Whiff of Joy using brushed cordoruy distress ink and then covered them in stickles. I coloured the pearls a bronze colour with copics so that they matched the papers.
I have gold embossed the grunge circle from Stempelglede for the circle element of the sketch and added a coordinating paper to the middle of the circle.
Some lace and a dainty little chiffon ribbon bow complete the card.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

No comments: