Wednesday 16 December 2009

Whiff of Joy challenge - Bev's sketch meets Whiff of Joy DT

Wednesday already and that means it is time for another challenge at Whiff of Joy challenge. Hope you can find time in all the rushing about to join us. This week we have a gorgeous sketch by the mega talented Bev, loved this one hun, thanks! So, if you haven't finished those Christmas cards then this will make it a bit easier! (unless like me you don't have a cuttlebug and have to sit drawing round oval templates to get the fancy shape LOL).

This is also one of my DT cards for Whiff of Joy as this gorgeous stamp was in my DT kit from Katharina. Isn't it sweet! I love the way oakley has his feet over the arm of the chair! I thought this made a perfect card for Grandparents, even though my son is the eldest but maybe it can be me reading to him LOL! I have coloured the image with copics and added stickles to the shading under the chair. I also added some detailing to the book with a gold gel pen. The largest snowflake is from a set of K&Co snowflake stickers and the rest are punched with MS and woodware snowflake punches from white glittered paper and the background paper.

The sentiment I have written myself with the same gold gel pen. The edges are distressed with antique linen distress ink and I have added a couple of small gems so that it matches the image oval. The papers, I believe are MME, they were from a candy win so don't quote me LOL! and the gorgeous velvet stitched ribbon is from the Hobby House.

Thanks for looking and I do hope you can join us. This is our last challenge for 2009 so you have plenty of time! Maybe you can join in after Christmas when you want to use all those craft goodies Father Christmas brings you! x

3 comments:

Sharon said...

A stunning card by Bev, she is so talented. Takes my breath away. Well done. Hugs Sharon

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Jane, love the colours and a beautiful image
Clairex

Janette said...

Perfect Jane,and so love the colours....gorgeous.xMerry Christmas.x