Friday 5 February 2010

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Love/Friendship

Gosh isn't January such a long, long month LOL!! It seems like ages ago I posted the last Crafty Calendar Challenge!! Thank you so much for all your keeping warm entries, you all had some amazing ideas!! This month, as it's February, the month of St Valentine we have a theme of "love/friendship" for you with the added option of hearts. For my card I have used a gorgeous K&Co paper, torn at the edges and distressed with vintage photo distress ink.
I have used Charlotte with Birdcage from the recently released Whiff of Joy Happy Mail collection, coloured with copics. I have punched a MS heart lace punch along the bottom edge of the image and added some pale pink pearls up the sides.
I embossed this gorgeous heart flourish stamp from Stempelglede in gold on a coordinating K&Co paper and cut the central heart out so that I could place the outside part of the heart flourish under the image and the heart on the top for a layered look.

This is a different heart from the Stempelglede collection, again embossed in gold onto K&Co paper.
To finish I added an organza ribbon in cream with a paper flower and some jute string from my stash and a pearl brad from the Hobby House.
Hope you like it and can join in this month's challenge. Pop over to the blog and see the rest of the teams creations - they are stunning!! Thanks for looking x

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card ~ fabby image, great layout & colours & the heart is beautiful xx lizzy xx

Maria Therese said...

beautiful card!

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is so so beautiful!! I love the hearts!

Annette said...

This is brilliant sandra x

coops said...

such a beautiful card, i love the image and i love the warm rich colours.luv coops.xx

Juls said...

wow this is stunning!!! Love the real vintage feel of this card! Hugs Juls