Wednesday 24 February 2010

Simon Says Stamp challenge - Vintage and flowers and blog hop winner!

Thank you to everyone who joined in with our blog hop, it was great fun! I know you're going to love this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp challenge - I know I did!! It is "Vintage with flowers"!!!! All the DT are showcasing Prima flowers for the challenge, we all know how gorgeous Prima flowers are right? I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations with them! Something a little different from me this week - a layout!! I have had some professional photographs of my two little ones sitting around for almost a year now waiting for a) our extension to be finished and b) me to do something with them LOL! I have slowly collected some very special bits and pieces so that I could scrapbook two of the photos to put on the wall in my new living room and this challenge finally gave me the push I needed! The paper is K&Co and I have done some major distressing to the edges with a wonderful technique shown to me by Tracey and Nicki - thank you both, I know I'll use this a LOT! The photo is of my gorgeous little girl (although I can't believe how much she's changed since this was taken) and I have mounted it onto some gold pearlescent card.

Now for the flowers! There are lots on here, but the main focus are these stunning Prima Parlor petals!!! I love these so much and think they look lovely with the green of the paper. I have also used some blossoms and roses from my stash.

The beautiful wide lace is from my stash and the swirl is from the Tim Holtz grungeboard elements set. I have painted it with crackle paint in picket fence and then sponged with vintage photo distress ink.

I added two more grungeboard swirls, treated in the same way, to the top left corner to frame the photo. The gorgeous large butterfly is from an xcut punch very kindly lent to me by Lynda - thank you x and the small ones have been punched with MS Monarch Butterfly punch.....but not mine.....why you ask???? I broke it!!!!!!!! (major sobs) Oh my word was it a catastrophe!!! my beloved butterfly punch broken :(. Luckilly for me and my project I was at my local cropping class with some lovely buddies and Lynda came to my rescue again with her brand new MS butterfly punch - thank you again Lynda!! Needless to say, as soon as I got home I was straight on the net searching out a replacement punch, which, thank goodness I found! (phew).

Sorry, went a bit of course there didn't I LOL! Hope you like my layout and that I have inspired you to search out your Prima flowers and get vintage with us this week! You really must pop and see the rest of the DT's cards - WOW! they're incredible! x

THE WINNER OF THE CUTTLEBUG EMBOSSING FOLDER FOR MY BLOG IS......

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:100
Timestamp: 2010-02-24 09:36:24 UTC

WHICH MEANS JODIE FROM OZ IS THE LUCKY WINNER!! CONGRATULATIONS, PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FOLDER AND EMAIL ME WITH YOUR ADDRESS!

For my Whiff of Joy challenge DT card please scroll down the previous post

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Jane this is gorgeous and what a stunning pic.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous layout Jane :-) the photo is beautiful, she is sooo cute !! :-) and the flowers, swirls and butterflies are all gorgeous :-) This will look fantastic on your wall and am sure everyone will admire it,,, a work of art :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Andrea C said...

looks fantastic, great photo, certainly will be a beautiful addition to your new living room. x

Sarah said...

What a wonderful vintage feel, absolutely gorgeous and well done Jodie x

Jodie from Oz said...

Jane, Your baby daughter is adorable and your layout is breathtaking, the papers, colours and flowers are stunning, this is so beautiful & so inspirational.

Woohoo, I can't believe I won your blog hop candy, thank you so much. Big Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow Jane, your layout is just stunning. I love all the details in it such as the distressing round the edges and your gorgeous butterflies - must try and find that X Cut one now !

Beautiful !

Hugs,

Jo xx

Georgia said...

This is so gorgeous Jane, I love the colours you've used and beautiful flowers and this is such a cute picture! :)
Love, Georgia xx

craftymum said...

Absolutely beautiful Jane
Love sarah XXX

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous creation !!! The picture is so lovely !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Christine said...

Hi Jane this is stunning what a gorgeous keepsake..& your daughter is beautiful..

Hugs Christine xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awwww this turned out beautifully Jane, the photo is gorgeous anyway and you have made it even more so, good luck in the challenge, thankyou for the mention, although I cannot take any credit, you were already well on the way to making that beautiful distressed look XXX

Dena said...

Jane, your layout is fantastic! Your baby girl is too cute for words!!!!! I love all the details you added like the butterflies and swirls! You definitely rocked the vintage style!
Hugs, Dena

Timi said...

Jane,
This layout is absolutely gorgeous. I love your colours and the huge prima flowers.Your little baby girl is soo cute.
Timi

Timcso said...

WOW, what a lovely layout!!Very cute the photo! Love the colours, the flowers! My favourite the butterflies!! The lace are gorgeous too!!:)

Hugs, Tímea

gift to Philippines said...

Wow! very creative. I will also try to make something like that this weekend. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

-pia-