Tuesday 16 February 2010

StampARTic challenge card and gift box

I'd like to show you a card and gift box matching set that I made for a friend's birthday which I am also entering into StampARTic's challenge which is to make a gift card or card and matching gift box - perfect!! I'm really pleased with how this turned out as I used a lot of my favourite things: my favourite kind of colours; butterflies which are my absolute favourite thing (and there are lots of them on this project LOL); my favourite lace and flowers; and my Stempelglede stamps.

The papers are K&Co and I have distressed the edges with antique linen distress ink and also stamped a Stempelglede flourish stamp around the edges. I stamped the grunge corner stamp from Stempelglede on a some Basic Grey paper which was almost plain white using a mixture of tea dye and vintage photo distress inks to form a mat for my butterfly which I wanted to be the main focus of my card.

The butterfly is cut from a K&Co Madelaine paper that has lots of gorgeous butterflies on in various sizes. I distressed the edges of the butterfly with vintage photo distress ink and added lots of gems to the body. I then curled its wings to give the card more dimension.


I added a mixture of blooms, all from Wild Orchid Crafts and all sprayed with pearl glimmer mist.

The gorgeous lace is from my stash and I punched some more butterflies from K&Co paper to dot around the card.

I decorated the inside with the same paper and stamped the Stempelglede flourish stamp around the edge and also the grunge circle in the middle that is home to another punched butterfly. The sentiment is written with my calligraphy pen.


I made a matching envelope from the same paper and this time used butterflies punched from a coordinating K&Co paper. Again I decorated the envelope with Stempelglede stamps.

As the flowers made the card quite lumpy I tried to make my own ribbon threaded envelope like the gorgeous ones that Abby from Abby's Garden makes but I wasn't too successful LOL it is not a patch on Abby's, more practice is definitely needed!
The envelope closes with ribbons threaded through tiny eyelets. The ribbon and the beads I recycled from around some Christmas crackers!

Now for the gift box. I made a simple box with a wrap around cover so that it pulls out like a drawer. The box is covered in the same K&Co paper which I have stamped with my Stempelglede stamps. I cut another one of the gorgeous butterflies out and again added gems and more punched butterflies.
Each side of the box is stamped with a Stempelglede flourish stamp in vintage photo distress ink and I punched the edges of the paper with MS doiley lace punch (which I think is on it's last legs - oh no!!!).
I filled the box with some of my favourite blooms as the recipient loves to scrapbook!


The gift box and envelope together.



Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

20 comments:

coops said...

wow, this is amazing.love the vintage look and the butterflys and flowers are fabby.luv coops.xx

Anonymous said...

Loved your latest creation, hope your friend knows how lucky she is to receive it. Your cards/creations are always a joy to look at.

Hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Nicki said...

Jane these are so lovely and look even better in real life, I love the butterflies and the papers, well everything!

The flowers for the gift is a wonderful idea.

Hugs

Nicki.xx

craftymum said...

I always experience a wave of excitement when I know you have a new post, to see what you have come up with next. A truly beautiful project Jane. I read through your post but never seemed to notice what Die/punch you used for the large butterfly. I would love to know. Thanks for all the inspiration
Love Sarah XXX

Lizzy said...

OH MY, how totally stunning is this ~
just luv everything about it ~ all the little detail you add is gorgeous ~ you are one very talented lady xx lizzy xx

Andrea C said...

absolutely astounding x

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Jane this is absolutely stunning!!!
Love all the details, just so perfect, and the colors are just so warm and delicate too!!
thank you for playing!!

hugs,
Jorunn

Debbie said...

Great job with the challenge...

Anne said...

Wow, all I can say is I wish I was your friend!!! Adorable. Hugs x

Cina99 said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jane your entire creation is BEAUTIFUL! And the envelope is stunning! I am delighted that I inspired such a beauty.....love the entire set!

Dena said...

Stunning creation Jane! Sooooooo pretty!!! I love it to bits. Do you mind me asking were you got the Stempleglede stamps? I'm having a hard time finding someone to sell to the US. They are such gorgeous finishing touches to artwork!
Hugs, Dena

Elaine Stark said...

A stunning gift set, beautifully made. Elaine

Anonymous said...

truly WOW....just beautiful

Marina said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning!
I love your gift set!

Hugs,
Marina

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful butterfly creation just gorgeous. Hugs Marja

stephanne said...

Completely gorgeous!! The colours are gorgeous together and what a wonderful scene you have created with those flowers and butterflies, very pretty!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

CraftyC said...

Wow Jane, totally stunning is all I can say!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Wauw what a beautiful creation with the butterflies, those colours and combination of other things like the flowers. Really beautifull! Regards Ageeth

Linda Brun said...

Really love this project. Great use of colours. Love all the butterflies.
Wishing you a wonderfull and creative weekend.