Tuesday 2 March 2010

End of Summer already!?

LOL, couldn't resist playing around with the title of the image on today's card! It is the gorgeous End of Summer stamp by Mo Manning, isn't this just a gorgeous image, with her little feet and her hair blowing in the summer breeze - I love it! This is the last card I have to show you in my little series with the MME papers and Mo Manning images. I was quite surprised at how well the red gingham ribbon went with these papers. I tried several colours before deciding on this one and I think it really makes the card.

I've coloured the image with distress inks and inked around the edge of the image with spiced marmalade distress ink. I created a layered look with 3 different papers from the range and cardstock punched with MS daisy edge punch.

The large flower and the little flower in the centre are from the Hobby House and I've teamed them with a paper flower punched with my EK success retro flower punch.

I made the sentiment with some more of the alphabet beads from the Hobby House in colours that matched the papers.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

17 comments:

Loopylou. said...

jane that is sooo cute absolutely gorgeous hun, i love it xxxxx

Kellie said...

:( Our summer just ended, but the heat we had I am almost glad to see it go, or maybe just chill a little!?

ONTO this gorgeous card Jane! As always your colouring is something to always adore. I love the bright summery feeling papers, LOVE it as always!
Hugs Kel xx

Tracey Feeger said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the DP and those flowers but you are right the gingham ribbon makes the card.
mwah
Trace

Anne said...

Fabulous card Jane, love the colours and that sweet image. Hugs x

coops said...

gorgeous card, fab image and love the papers and layout.luv coops.xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! great colours and I love that ribbon! Hugs Juls

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous adorable card Jane, love the cute image and the fab papers.
luv
Debby

Mirabelka said...

marvellous card! so sweet

Hilde said...

Beautiful! I'm getting happy of these colors! Seems like the spring is around the corner!
Hugs
Hilde

Scrap Mania said...

what a lovely bright and breezy summer card. love all the little details on it Jane. This image is sooooooo cute.
xx

Sarah said...

Wow that is gorgeous, love the papers and the image is beautifully coloured, you have such a light touch x

JAN said...

exceptional card filled with beauty and delight

craftymum said...

Super card Jane
Love sarah XXX

Sharon said...

Love love love this card Jane. Fab colours, so bright and summery and the image is coloured in beautifully. Well done once again. Hugs Sharon

Phebe Meeder said...

aBSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Diane Louise J said...

You've made a really pretty card xx

Rebekah said...

SO CUTE!!!! The bows are adorable, and the "WISH" part is a great touch! You make great cards, Jane :]