Wednesday 24 March 2010

Simon Says Stamp challenge - Easter/Spring

Woohoo!! It is time for another challenge at Simon Says Stamp!! This week we have a challenge of Easter or spring with glimmer and glitter!! I loved this challenge and I'm sure you will too. As you can see I have gone with the Easter theme and decorated an egg!! It started out life as a cardboard egg from Panduro Hobby and now it is a gorgeous feminine egg that I for one would love to receive full of chocolate! I have painted it with Tim Holtz crackle paint in picket fence and when that was dry I added pearl Glimmer mist and a touch of light distressing with vintage photo distress ink. I glued a ruffle of lace around the edge of each half which I also distressed with vintage photo. I have added stickles along the edge of the lace for some delicate sparkle!


I stamped two butterflies from the Hero Arts Antique Engravings stamp set and coloured them with copics before spraying with glimmer mist. The stamped antennae have been replaced with black cotton which makes them look so much more life like!



I have added a trail of gems running from the flowers to the small butterfly to indicate where it has fluttered from!
I've created a little flower spray with some flowers from my stash, all sprayed with glimmer mist. The leaves have been punched with a Woodware punch.

Once the two halves were nestled together I tied an ivory satin ribbon tied in a bow.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking! I hope you can pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the DT's amazing creations and I look forward to seeing what your create for us this week! x
This is my 2nd post today, please scroll down for my Whiff of Joy challenge post x

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... this is absolutely terrific, I have never seen anything like it, it's so unusual and beautiful,
I am of to the NEC tommorrow and have a list as long as my arm, I have never used TH crackle though I have wanted some for ages , I just hope I can get my hand's on some...
I have never used Glimmer mist either, would you be able to tell my in your opinion what colour to go for first, I want to be able to use it on several different colour project's and wondered if there was a more usable colour to get.

I hope you don't mind my asking....

Beautiful creation!!!

Thank's
Vicky

Sarah said...

Wow your egg is fabulous, the butterflies are absolutely gorgeous, amazing work xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Jane.
luv
Debby

sandra said...

WOW Jane!!!!
Your egg is AMAZING!!!
I love all details on it!!!
Just AMAZING!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Marina said...

Wow! Your egg is absolutely gorgeous!
I love all the beautiful embellies.

Hugs,
Marina

Stampin Mindy said...

Jane this is amazing! Wow. Super gorgeous! What a piece of art! Hugs!

Unknown said...

This egg is really beautiful. Teri XXX

Lorraine A said...

I have never seen an egg as beautiful as this ,,, a work of art !! It really does take your breath away with it's WOW factor !! :-)

to have this filled with cadbury's roses choccy ,,,, perfect ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

WOW! This is stunning! So gorgous! I'm speachless.

Mvh
Gunn

Arty'mrs said...

WOW this is just so delicate and pretty
love it
Hugs Carole xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous egg!

Mary Lou said...

Elegant and Amazing Jane!! Very very beautiful!!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

OMG!! brilliant amazing fantastic! WOW WOW oh wow! what a wonderful work of art! Samantha :0)

Debbie said...

Hope I like it, are you kidding me..This is Gorgeous..how can anyone not LOVE it, the detail that went into this is unbelievable. Those butterflies look like they just landed on your egg and are just resting and each flower is just pefectly placed.

Di said...

oh hun this is just fabulous!!! you should sell them!!
Stunning!
Hugs Di xxx

Anne said...

Jane this is exquisite - or should I say eggquisite! Promise that's the last of the egg jokes.... Your talent is huge and I can't help but think it can only be a matter of time before someone pays you huge amounts of money to create projects like this one. Well if there's any justice in the world! In the meantime I count myself lucky to be able to view your work on such a regular basis and enjoy all your creations. But today's is a real joy. xxx

Mina said...

stunning Jane and as beautifully made as always...love your use of crackle its perfect for it
Mina xxx

Esther said...

Oh,Jane! I can't say anything more than has been said already! My heart just melted at the sight of this egg! You are amazing!

The Dolphin Inn said...

OMG this is so beautiful Jane, the spray of flowers, the handmade butterflies, the painting - all PERFECT TFS XXX

Martine said...

Bloomin eck, this is gorgeous sweetie, i bet this took a while, but ooooo it is stunning, the flowers, the butterflies, the ribbon and lace, everything is perfect sweetie, this will be such a pretty gift a,nd i agree, only one thing could make this even more amazing, filling it with chocolate :) :P :P hehe


xx

Martine

Timcso said...

Wonderful creation Jane! The details and the embellies are stunning! LOVE IT!:)

Hugs, Tímea