Friday 30 April 2010

Just Magnolia DT - Bev's sketch meets Colour Create Challenge

WOW!!! We had a huge amount of entries last week at Just Magnolia challenge! Thank you all so much! This week we have a gorgeous sketch by Bev, thanks hun, I loved using it!! Perfect to ink up this little pirate Edwin I managed to get at the NEC. The rest were sold out! I have used the stunning colour challenge at Colour Create Challenge of Burnt Orange, Black and Cream - absolutely gorgeous don't you think!? The burnt orange paper is K&Co and the black and cream stripe was a scrap left over from the Gorjuss Girls sets I've been showing you this week. I distressed them with Walnut stain distress ink and then stickled them.

Edwin is coloured with distress inks. I cut him out so that I could sit him in front of the stormy sky and sea background I created with weathered wood and faded jeans distress inks.

As I was distinctly lacking in pirate like accessories I have made the pirate flag myself by drawing the skull and crossbones with a white gel pen onto the black cardstock. The border has been die cut with Tim Holtz scrollwork die. The ribbon and brads are from the Hobby House.

The map was also drawn by me onto the cream cardstock and then I aged it with vintage photo distress ink. The cute key charm is from Whiff of Joy! Now Edwin just needs to find the treasure chest LOL!

Hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Just Magnolia! Pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the DT's stunning creations! x

15 comments:

Rach said...

This is fantastic Jane, so sweet and love the papers that you have used. great background to your image..xxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! Love all the pretty details and Edwin looks so sweet. Beautiful colours.

Kylie said...

Oh Jane, he is lovely! I love the colour combo and I love a nice simple sketch that you can really play with and make your own - which is exactly what you did, just amazing. All of the distressing is just fantastic. Great card!
Hugs
Kyliek

Anonymous said...

Jane, he's just Adorable!! I must admit I just LOVE everything Magnolia. Chrissy. xx

Kellie said...

WOW Jane this is Pira-rific! The colours are just stunning and as always your colouring is gorgeous, he's such a cute pirate!
Hugs Kel xx

Anonymous said...

wow this is such a fantastic card!Great boys card.Love all the details.
xx

pinky said...

This is so cool and cute, thanks for all the details too, helps no end.
Pinky

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute. fabulous card Jane.
luv
Debby

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful card. Hugs Marja

Eiglas said...

Oh Jane! I so love this fabulous card! I don't know what more to say except it's absolutely splendid!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas (GDT)
x

Di said...

This is fab Jane the colours are just perfect for this card, i love how you have domne the water behind Edwin ( clever!)
Thanks for joining C.C
Hugs di xxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Such a fun card Jane! Love the image and the water details behind him. So clever! Fab details and colors too! :)

Tine said...

Love your creation this week Jane. The detailing is brilliant.
Tine :)

Dena said...

Jane your card is sooooo very adorable! Love the little map and the key and wow just everything. Perfect little pirate card!!!!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena