Wednesday 21 April 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge - Bev's Sketch

Well, it's back to school here today, much to my little boy's disappointment LOL. Time to put the house straight after over two weeks of chaos!! It is also time for another challenge at Whiff of Joy Challenge and this week it is a gorgeous sketch by Bev and I loved working with this one, thanks hun!! I have used a Kaisercraft paper that was from Christmas but I thought the rich warm colours were perfect to use with the 1001 Nights stamp kit from Whiff of Joy!

I have coloured my genie Willow with copics to match the papers and I have mounted the image on foam pads for some dimension.

These flowers are also from the kit. I embossed them with gold onto the purple side of the paper and then added stickles in between the embossing. The swirls have been punched with an EK success punch from gold card and I added a gem to the end of each flourish. The gorgeous gem flourish is part of a Prima one that I cut up and I've used this to represent the angled rectangle of the sketch!

The sentiment has been embossed in gold too and is also from the stamp kit. These kits are such a bargain aren't they? Lots of sentiments and images altogether - love them!

Hope you like it and can join us this week as we seem to be experiencing a drop in entries on our challenge blog! Thanks for looking! x

8 comments:

Rach said...

a beautiful card honey, beautiful rich colours.x

Carol said...

Jane this is absolutely stunning as always! You are such a talented lady. Your colour choice is absolutely perfect for the image. Lotsa luv xxx

Andrea C said...

my little boy is full of woe also hehe, this card is divine, love the colours and totally love that stamp, my birthday is coming up think I will have to show hubby this one xx

Little Life of Me said...

This card is lovely.
The colours and the papers look fantastic together!

kelly said...

Beautiful rich colours on this card Jane,it`s really lovely.

Kathy said...

This is brilliant Jane!! I love the rich colors that you have used with this adorable image!! It all flows so nicely!
:)Kathy

Juls said...

too gorgeous!! Love the rich colour tones! Hugs Juls

*Michaela* said...

Oh, love love love the color combination and those flowers are gorgeous! Fantastic idea.
Hugs,
Michaela