Friday 4 June 2010

Crafty Calendar Challenge DT - Bugs & Beasties

This month at Crafty Calendar Challenge we are challenging you to make a card with bugs on it for the summer months (hopefully LOL) with the added option of including wings. I just had to use one of my new hAnglar & sTanglar images for this card - isn't she adorable all dressed up like a bee!! The papers are from MME Bella Bella paper pad, distressed with vintage photo distress ink and stickles.

I have masked the image together with a fence from Whiff of Joy to create a little summer scene. I have coloured the images with distress inks. The swirls around the edge have been stamped with a Stempelglede stamp using bundled sage distress ink and then stickled.

The charm and pearls are from the Hobby House and the spacer is from Whiff of Joy. The chiffon ribbon is from my stash. I have used MS doily lace punch along the bottom edge.

I have punched the top of the image surround with MS butterfly edging punch and added some more butterflies punched with various MS punches.

Hope I have inspired you to join us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Check out the blog for some more gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the team! Thanks for looking! x

16 comments:

Carol said...

Awww Jane, I just luv your work! No matter what you do it's always perfect. So stunning Sweetie. You're always a huge inspiration. Lotsa luv xxxx

Unknown said...

Wow, this is lovely!

Marina said...

Stunning card Jane!
I love this image, colours and details are absolutely beautiful.

Hugs,
Marina

Francesca said...

Jane this is wonderful and the image is super cute ,
Hugs
Francesca

kelly said...

Really lovely card Jane.Loving the little scene you have created.Great colours too.

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is stunning Jane, wonderful image and details.
luv
Debby

chrissy xx said...

Oh! Jane, What a cute litte bee. Love it.

Georgia said...

I absolutely love your DT card Jane - the image is adorable and I really like the colours and gorgeous embellishments you've used! :) Love, Georgia xx

Sharon said...

ADORABLE! Oh Jane, I just love visting your blog. Your cards are real eye candy! hugs Sharon

The Taming of the Glue said...

Fabulous card...I just love that stamp!

Andrea C said...

this is so sweet nlove those charms x

Helena said...

Hi Jane, ooh how cute is she!!!

Love your card!

xxxx

Loz said...

Isn't he super sweet! Love the little scene and those gorgoeus charms! Wow Jane, when I grow up I wanna craft like you lol! ♥

Toni Hughes said...

love this card he is so sweet love the papers and colours hugs Toni

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane
love your card (what's new I alway's do)lol. I am now the proud owner of this lovely stamp, (which my lovely hubby surprised me with). I think he was so sick of me going on & on about how I would love to own some lol.
Hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Marcea said...

oh my, this is stunning!
-x-