Friday 15 October 2010

Just Magnolia DT - Dawny's sketch

Woohoo Friday at last, it's been a long week. I managed to do all of the wallpapering I had to do yesterday so I have only one wall left to paint when my hubby moves the piano for me at the weekend!! I think I was super motivated yesterday after watching every single one of the incredible rescues of the 33 Chilean miners. I watched the first 5 on a rerun and that was it, I just had to see them all come out bless them and so I had the channel on all day and night until 2am so I could hear it and every time they said one was nearly out I ran to the TV to watch. I cried at every single one too, and even more so when their little sons and daughters were there, it was so moving. It is the most amazing thing I have seen for a long time. My Grandad was a miner here in the UK so I think it struck a big chord with me.

Onto today's card which is my Just Magnolia card. This week we have another fabulous sketch by Dawny. We also have some incredibly exciting news......the amazing Claudia has joined our team!!! I'm so thrilled to be working on another team with her! I have used papers from the gorgeous MME glitter christmas stack and distressed the edges with walnut stain distress ink.
I love this Edwin from last year's winter kit, he's so cute. I was hanging on for the new kit before I made my card but it got to Wednesday and I had to get it done! I have coloured him with copics and added stickles to his socks and wings. I masked him so that I could ink around him with antique linen distress ink and I have also stamped the Christmas text stamp with the same ink.
The large rose is from Hobby Craft and the small ones are from Wild Orchid Crafts, all sprayed with gold cosmic shimmer. I added an ivy leaf from Prima and a swirl cut with a doo hickey die. The spotty ribbon is from the Hobby House as are the pins, pearls and button.
I have used one of the new MS Christmas punches on the long edge of one of the layers, the star border - loving that!


Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

14 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the colours and layout Jane - gorgeous as always!
xXx

Marina said...

Your card is just wonderful Jane!
I love the papers and colours, Edwin is so sweet and the details and design are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Marina

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweetheart of a card, its adorable.
luv
Debby

Andrea C said...

very very lush x

Summite said...

I love this card it's gorgeous. I would not have tought to use brown color for christmas card. Very nice card.

Tracey T said...

Oh Jane, this is so beautiful. Think I might have to get this stamp ... Hugs, Tracey T

Louise said...

Hi Jane!
This is so beautiful :) I totally adore this little Edwin and the colourcombo looks stunning to!
Hugs!

Samantha said...

Jane, what a fantastic card in a great christmas colour. And what a lovely stamp.

Hugs Samantha

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Cor* said...

I love the tones of your card. And your flower treatment is TDF gorgeous!! Perfectly put together and your coloring is fantastic.

Jacky said...

What a beautiful card! I also made a card for just magnolia!
but your card is really beautiful!

xJacky

Mandy said...

Hi hun, your card is absolutely gorgeous, love that little Edwin and the colours and papers are lush
hugs Mandy xx

Leslie said...

I saw your work when I tried out the Simon Says challenge and I just had to check out your blog. So glad I did, your work is so inspiring and beautiful. Wow. Really, WOW.
Thank you for your incredible work and have a fantastic day, love and hugs, Leslie

Linda said...

Hi Jane love the colours you have used for this card and the way you used the stamp behind Edwin love Linda