Saturday 4 December 2010

Crafty Calendar Challenge DT - fern's sketch

It is time for another challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge and this month we have a gorgeous sketch by Fern for you!! The design team are also showcasing Ruth's own digi images from A Passion for Stamps on our cards!! I have used Ruth's Anthurium image on my card. My papers are a mix from my stash and I've inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink.
There are a lot of possibilities for colouring these Anthuriums as the come in a lot of colour combinations!! I opted to colour mine the same as some I once received in a bouquet from my husband. I had never seen them before and was amazed at the gorgeous almost plastic looking green flowers with pink stamens!! To make my image look even more like the real thing I have given leaf part a coat of glossy accents.
The sentiment is from the Stempelglede Just a Note set, stamped with tea dye distress ink. The ribbon and gems are from The Hobby House.

Hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge!! The rest of the team have made some gorgeous cards for your inspiration too! Pop over and have a look!

Unfortunately this is my last DT card for the Crafty Calendar Challenge, I have decided to step down from the team to ease my DT commitments! Thank you Georgia, Lisa and the rest of the team for such a wonderful time on the team! x

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Gorgeous card! The colours work so well together! Ruth x