Friday 17 December 2010

Just Magnolia DT - Sketch

Time for another challenge at Just Magnolia and this week we have a gorgeous sketch by my lovely friend Mina!! I have used some gorgeous Webster's Pages for my card, the colours are so unusual for Christmas but so pretty! I've distressed and sewn the papers and added stickles too.
I coloured Edwin with copics and added stickles to his socks. Just love this stamp, Edwin is so cute clutching that pressie, I wonder if it is his or if he doesn't want to give it to whoever it is because he wants it for himself?? The latter I think LOL!

I used Tim Holtz Snowflakes on the edge die for the strip above the ribbon - LOVE this die (you may have noticed LOL) and this time I added some punched snowflakes with a Martha Stewar punch over the top of the large snowflake - love the extra texture it has given! The gorgeous ribbon is from The Hobby House.

I tried out one of T!m's techniques from his twelve tags (still waiting for my tags to arrive so I can play along) only I didn't have any cut n dry felt to create a custom stamp pad so I inked the 25, wiped any red away that was on the rest of the stamp then inked around the edge with green - tedious but the desired effect was achieved! I clear embossed it after stamping too.

Hope you like it and can join us this week at Just Magnolia. The rest of the team have created some gorgeous inspiration for you too. Pop over and have a look! Thanks for looking! x

No comments: