Wednesday 15 December 2010

Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Silver, White and Blue

Time for another challenge at Simon Says Stamp with another doubled up prize from Heidi of a $50 spending spree in the Simon Says Stamp store!!! This week our challenge is Silver, White and Blue. The design team are showcasing Penny Black stamps this week so if you have any we'd love to see them on your cards but it is not essential to enter!


I used some scraps of paper from my stash for my card and distressed the edges before adding stickles.

Don't recognise my Penny Black image??? LOL I had to be a bit sneaky as the only Penny Black stamp I have, called "Good News", has daisies and bees on it which didn't seem to go with the colour scheme so I masked them before inking my stamp so they wouldn't stamp out and was left with these two cute hedgehogs wondering what all the cold white stuff is LOL! I've coloured them with copics and added a tiny touch of stickles to the snow. This is the original stamp!


I used Tim Holtz snowflakes border along the top and bottom of the spotty paper which is punched with Martha Stewart doiley lace punch. I added some white ribbon from my stash and layered the image mat onto several other plain and scalloped nestie circles as the image is quite small.


I added some gems from my stash to finish the card!






Hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Simon Says Stamps challenge. The rest of the team have made some gorgeous cards for your inspiration too - pop over and have a look! Thanks for looking! x

7 comments:

Andrea C said...

ooo eee this is gorgeous, love it x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jane ,, I love the way you altered the image to 'work' ,, very clever ,, the hedgies are very cute playing in the snow :-) i love the TH snowflake border too ,, NEED that !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Aa beautiful card Jane, so pretty and such brilliant work at masking out the daisies and bees - stunning details, love that bow.
hugs Heather xx

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! And those 2 are so cute!
Hugs
Cordine

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a brilliant adaptation of the stamp - love this. An elf & I had a conversation regarding PB so think Santa might drop some hedgehogs down my chimney. Love your multiple nestie layering too - so effective with that TH border, the elegance of this is just delightful.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Hannah Clark said...

I love this card! The snowflake border adds a nice touch and those cute little hedgehogs are just adorable!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I so love this sweet image of 'hedgy', Jane!! I love the big snowflake die-cut background, great compilation!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!