Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Deep Ocean Challenge DT - Our First Challenge!!!








At last the waiting is over and it is time for our very first challenge over at Deep Ocean Challenge!!! Our theme is very simple - Anything Goes!!


We have a fabulous prize from our sponsor Quixotic Paperie too so I do hope you can join us! All the team have used sea images for the first challenge, in keeping with our name, and so I decided upon the oh so cute Edwin - I just think he is so funny hung on the anchor!! I have followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday for my card.


I have coloured Edwin with Prismacolor Pencils on kraft cardstock - this was my main reason for choosing this image - I just love white coloured onto kraft!! I have used a mixture of papers by Magnolia and MME.


I found this fabulous ships wheel charm at the craft fair in Lincoln a couple of weekends ago and it is just perfect for this card! The fabulous rope was on the tag of a new pair of jeans! I cut the white panel with Tim Holtz' scrollwork die as I think it looks like waves!


I added a tiny starfish and lots of shells from my stash and gave them a little touch of stickles so they look like they're sparkling with sea water!

The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy and the little corner of hesian is from my stash.

I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us for our first challenge at Deep Ocean Challenge! Pop over to see the rest of the teams cards - they're truly amazing! Thanks for looking! x

11 comments:

Jane said...

Fantastic card, I too love to colour onto Kraft but you have done a way better job than I could. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Patty said...

This is just beautiful, I love the white on the craft...Your whole card is amazing!

Debbie said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love how you colored on the kraft paper. Now that you've inspired me, I will definately give this a try. Also, not sure what detail I love more, each is so perfect for the card.. but, I must say, I really love the steering wheel.. what a perfect touch for this card.

Hugs
Debbie

ellabella said...

Beautiful card as always! Love the image, so sweet and all the embellies you have added are divine! Hugs Janine

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card!

Marie-Anne

Debra G Smith said...

Fabulous!!! You did an awesome job on all the details and coloring on this card. Love it!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous card! A very sweet image, coloured beautifully.

Fr@nz said...

What a stunnig card, Jane!
Have a lovely day, Fra♥

Bron said...

O WOW i have this Edwin and am now feeling so inspired to drag him out! Hugs from Bron xo

Sam Wright said...

So stinking cute!!