Wednesday 6 July 2011

Whiff of Joy Challenge DT - Lace and Pearls

Morning! Thank you all so much for your lovely comments, thoughts and emails, I am truly touched and feel blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thank you all for bearing with me x. I have finally managed to make a couple of cards, even though I had to force myself, as I think if I left it much longer I'd never want to get back in my craft chair, and challenges were looming up on me! Today's card is one of those cards, and it is for the Whiff of Joy Challenge which is Lace and Pearls. It is made entirely from scraps of paper too which is good - it always feels good to use those last little strips of paper doesn't it!? The papers are from MME's Gertie pad and I've distressed them with walnut stain and stickles.

I have used one of the new mini stamps from Whiff of Joy - mini Henry hugging heart. I'm loving that these new minis fit the gorgeous hearts tag die! I've coloured Henry with copics and as I'm typing I just realised I meant to cover the heart with stickles LOL - oh well, I'll do it before I post it to the recipient. The pearl brad and button twine are also from Whiff of Joy. The butterflies were punched with Martha Stewart's 3 in 1 butterfly punch.


I added some flowers from Wild Orchid crafts and some leaves punched from kraft cardstock with a woodware punch.


The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy too. I decided to create a little fastener for the card by punching out a circle of cardstock and scoring in half so that it keeps the card closed.


Inside I used some more scraps (hence the stripes on the left side) and another tag for the message topped with a butterfly.


I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Whiff of Joy challenge. Thanks for looking x

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Fantastic card!

Milliesmarvels said...

This is beautiful Jane, I love all the details. I am putting the finishing touches to mine this morning and I used the same image, I love the way you have coloured him. I am so glad you are back crafting. I went to Newbury at the weekend and saw so many of your gorgeous samples on the Hobby House stand. They are even more beautiful in real life and I spent ages looking at them. You are such a talented lady and a real inspiration. Take care, sending hugs.
Jane
x

Louise said...

WOW Jane!!
Yay!! It's sooo beautiful! Love this Henri in original size but I'm wondering if he really isn't a tiny bit cuter in a mini size ;) he, he, he! I can feel an order coming on ;)
Gorgeous scraps of paper made an awesome card base too :) Love all of those lush lace and pearls :)

Welcome back hunny!

Hugs

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

woow what a beautiful card!!

Greetings, Mandy
(i have a new blog:
http://www.vintagebymandyenjaimy.blogspot.com/ )

chrissy xx said...

This is sooooo pretty! LOve the inside nearly as much as the out! Super cute image! LOve the colours too.
Chrissyxx

Kellie said...

Stop Jane NOOOOOOOOO I am and have been trying SUPER hard not to buy this gorgeous tag set, and only because I have a craft budget but this is GORGEOUS and I just have to have to have it now. Colouring is amazing and I just found something new to stare at and drool, LOVE it!

Hugs Kellie

Tab said...

Hey sweetie......so glad to see you back to crafting :o)......and boy what a card to come back with....truly gorge, chick...love all the detail you have added!
Hugs Tab xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! What a darling card Jane!! Love this Henry Mouse! He looks so cute on that tag...You are an enabler my friend...I see an order coming on. Gorgeous choice of papers, details, and technique inside and out!!
hugs,
Chris

Michele Roos said...

Such a beautiful card Jane. Love the design and the gorgeous details. Hugs Michele x

Teresa said...

Stunning card Jane, thanks for your comment on my blog, I must try to be a but more organised lol, never mind I'll do my best to enter this one I stamped out all my WOJ stamps yesterday to be ready for them. Hugs Teresa xx

Nancie said...

such a fun card...well done...

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Jane, just beautiful.

♥ Jo ♥ xxx

Rach said...

Hello hunny, hope that you are ok... love your latest make, looks shabby chic... love it... big hugs hunny, keep your chin up.. hugs rachxxx

Jayne A said...

great card. Love the cute mouse.

Jayne
x