Saturday 6 August 2011

Whiff of Joy DT - Henry on plane!!






Due to my holiday I'm a little late in sharing Whiff of Joy's amazing new collection for August with you, but at last, I have found the time to ink up these cuties! I love Henry mouse - he is so sweet and cheeky at the same time. He's also super quick to colour so he's perfect for quick cards! With this in mind he was perfect for me to use on some gift tags for my little boy's birthday when I suddenly remembered on Thursday that I hadn't made any LOL! I made four in one evening which was fabulously quick for me!!! The first one is using Catching the Plane - isn't he fab!?!?! You could use this for a young boy or even a man's card I think as well as a bon voyage card!


I created a little cloud mask from some paper and set to work inking around it with tumbled glass distress ink. Then I wasn't happy that the clouds were cream so splodged white acrylic paint over the cloud areas - I'm so glad I did - I love the texture it has created. As I was in a hurry I used my heat gun to dry the paint and it bubbled up into this gorgeous texture - a technique to remember when you require textured rather than flat paint!



Once I'd finished with the cloud template I flipped it over to the unused side and inked around the edges with tumbled glass distress ink. The happy birthday sentiment is from Whiff of Joy too. The pearls are from The Hobby House.



I decided to try a different idea instead of ribbon for the fastening so threaded a large button onto some Whiff of Joy button twine and threaded it through the hole at the top of the tag.



I hope you like it and thanks for looking! Don't forget to join in my candy in the post below for a chance of winning the gorgeous Whiff of Joy autumn kit! Thanks for looking! x

10 comments:

Trina said...

Super cute tag! Thanks for the paint tip!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag. The stamp is beautiful and very sweet
Francy

yvon said...

Hi Jane, this is gorgeuos. Love little Henry.
Hugs, Yvon

The Craft Bucket said...

Sooo sweet, love Henry, take care, Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Linda . J said...

Love your tag Jane, all the details are so fabulous, so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Linda

Grenouille Greetings said...

Adorable tag, Jane. Henry is so cute on top of his prettily coloured plane! Hugs, Lesley

MagsB said...

Henry always makes me smile, he's such a happy chappie! Love your clouds, the texture adds so much oomph! Thanks for the tip!

luv, Mags x

Lorraine said...

this is stunning Jane i just love him in his plane hes adorable xx

Riet said...

Beautiful Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Louise said...

Hiya Jane :)

WOWSERS HUNNY!
OMG, this is so lush! Love it :) Henri is one of my fav WOJ images and you have worked wonders with him :) Stunning :) AMAZING colouring, can you take on a hopeless gal in private lessons ;)

Hugs