Saturday 8 October 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT - Halloween!

BOO!!!!




Did I scare you LOL??? It is time for another Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this week our theme is Halloween!! Now, at first I thought "yikes!" as I don't have any of the Halloween images but then I remembered a card in one of the Magnolia Ink editions where one of the DT had used the brotherly love image - and they can easilly be interpreted as hugging each other because they're scared can't they!?!?! I decided to decorate a paper bag I'd saved to put some Halloween treats in for my children. The spotted and purple papers are some scraps from my stash and the orange paper covered in bats and spiders is one I created myself by stamping Tickled Pink Stamps' bat and spider from the Halloween sentiments set all over it. I'm entering my gift bag into the TOMIC challenge as they would like to see Halloween projects and anything but a card and Magnolia-licious' challenge which is also Halloween :).

I masked the brotherly love stamp and the moon from the Winner Takes it All collection together and then inked the sky around them! I was so pleased how it turned out as it was kind of scary inking around the image I'd just spent time colouring as you can't really tell how it looks with the mask over the images! I stamped the Tickled Pink Stamps bat that I used on the paper on the image too - no wonder the poor little darlings are scared LOL! A black cat just jumped in their path AND they have bats circling above their heads!



I used different sized chipboard and grungeboard letters from my stash and inked them with the rip persimmon and seedless preserves distress inks from Tim's limited edition set of three - so glad I got these, the colours are lushess, even the brown is my new favourite!! I added some Hero Arts black pearls too.


I have used lots of die cuts to decorate the bag - all cut from black cardstock to add to the spooky theme! I have used the cat and the lovely fence here.....


.....and the gorgeous lamp post from the Paris Nights die set here! I placed it over a whiter patch I left in the sky so that there is a glow from the lamp!


The sentiment is from Tickled Pink Stamps from the same set as the spider and bat.


I used Tim Holtz branch tree die to create the spooky tree hanging over their heads!

The lush black ribbon is from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and the fibres were free with an order from Craft Obsessions (love how they do that and they were THE perfect colours for my Halloween bag!).
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges! Pop over to the blog to be scared by the rest of the team's stunning creations! Thanks for looking! x

12 comments:

Louise said...

Hi gorgeous!
WOWSERS!! This is so cool! Love your thinking when you choose this stamp! Youre absolutely right, they look a bit scared :) Cool with all of those lush details, like the tree branch and the cat. And of course your beyond beautiful coloring with the Copics - top notch!

Hugs!

Christina C. said...

Jane, this is SPOOKTACULAR....love the duo holding on to each other in this scary scene!!!! What a fantastic project....adore that gift bag!

Denise said...

love it,thanks for giving me the idea of the brotherly love stamp
hugs
Denise

Bron said...

Hiya..I love your bag it looks amazing. The scene you created is just fantastic and your colouring is out of this world. Hugs Bron xox

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL JANE!!! Very cute a fun gift bag.. I hope you have it full of candy! THe kids will love it!!! but not you when you have to take them to the dentist. :o(

hugs, Janiel

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Jane - so many gorgeous details to create your amazing scene. Totally spooktacular
xXx

MagsB said...

Aww, aren't Tilda and Edwin so cute?! What a fabulous Halloween make!!

luv, Mags x

Irene Daryanto said...

Love the gift bag, and don't you just want someone to hugs when you're afraid, love the scene, perfect for Halloween.
Thanks for joining TOMIC,
Hugs from Indonesia,
Irene

Marie-Anne said...

Ohw, what a gorgeous bag and fantastic how huging Tilda and Edwin can be changed in scared.

Marie-Anne

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous scene this is! Beautiful job on your Halloween bag. I love all the fun details and your coloring looks beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog! hugs, Angela

Riet said...

So gorgeous Jane.


Hugs Riet.xx

LuzinhaFolch said...

This is really neat!
Such adorable project!
Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week!
Greetings from Brazil.
Lucy