Tuesday 15 November 2011

Better Late than Never! Pink Ink Sketch Challenge DT - Kathrin's sketch

OMG I have had no internet since last Thursday!! Did you miss me?? I think I nearly went out of my mind with boredom while hubby was on night shifts LOL! It is amazing how much you miss it when it is taken away! Consequently I am very late with my card for the Pink Ink Sketch challenge, but here it is - better late than never! This fortnight we have a gorgeous sketch by Kathrin.

Tilda has been coloured with Prismacolor pencils blended with Sansador for a change. I have added stickles to the hearts and stripes on her socks.

I stamped around the image with the heart holly stamp from the Magnolia Winter kit using bundled sage distress ink and then added stickles over the top. All the edges have been stitched - I tidied my craft room so that I can actually have my sewing machine out again!

I added a couple of chipboard hearts painted with pickett fence crackle paint and the snowflakes were cut with a doohickey die. The little pearl stars are from The Hobby House. I added a clock face cut with Tim Holtz' weathered clock die underneath the image.

The gorgeous ribbon is from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and I also added a snowflake charm from my stash.

I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Pink Ink Sketch Challenge! Pop over to the blog to see the rest of my teamies' stunning creations! Thanks for looking! x

10 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

Hanneke said...

What a beautiful card! Love the image and the stickles on it. I know I can't do without internet for more then a few days, I get all antsy :p Good thing you are back online! Hugs, Hanneke

yvon said...

Hi Jane,
Your card is gorgeous, love the crackle hearts. Just love everything.
Hugs, Yvon

MagsB said...

It's nice to see you back! What a beautiful card! I love how you stamp around the image and then stickle, it always looks so pretty. I hope your internet behaves from now on!

luv, Mags x

Karina said...

Of course we missed you, hun! And what a nightmare... few days without internet access. I would feel terrible. I had this few weeks ago for about 36 hours and almost drove crazy... :o)
Your card is so beautiful, love your colouring on her. Such a soft and fabulous artwork.
Hugs, Karina

Tracy Valure said...

This card and coloring is sooooo nice!!! The shadowing around the face is just beautiful! Glad to have you on our DT!! ;-))

Tracy Valure

Christina C. said...

WOW...what a phenomenal creation. Love EVERYTHING about it....Tilda is colored magnificently. Lovely details....just so stunning, Jane!

cardmaking bird said...

Gorgeous card, Jane - love your layout and that ribbon is lush! Hugs, Marie xx

Candy said...

Absolutely wonderful!!
Hugs, Candy

Riet said...

Beautiful card ,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx