Saturday 3 December 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT - Christmas Ornament

Woohoo! Time for another challenge over at Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this week we would like you to make a Christmas Ornament! My gorgoeus friend Debbie sent me this gorgeous birdcage over a year ago now and I just haven't been able to decide how to decorate it until now! I painted the whole cage with white acrylic paint before assembling.

I embossed the small snowflake from the autumn Magnolia kit in silver and then sprayed the whole roof with perfect pearls mist for a gorgeous lustre. There were grooves where the roof pieces meet so I filled them with glossy accents and added lots of tiny purple bugle beads - love how it turned out - looks a bit like chinese roof tiles I think! I added a selection of flowers in purples, white and lime green to the roof and a doohickey snowflake. There is lace around the edge with a gem at each corner and I added some snow writer to the flat part of the roof here and there.


I added more flowers around the base of the birdcage and a gorgeous Magnolia crystal stem and some feathers.


I also added some glittery butterflies and some acorns using the acorn stamp from the autumn kit.


More snow has drifted around the corner of the birdcage :). I added glossy accents to the bottom half of the acorns and stickles to the top half. Now, "who lives in a house like this?" I hear you ask LOL......


......a peep through the door may tell you! I added a pretty little bow which was a gift from my gorgeous friend Louise and a lock and key charm from my stash......


.....a cute little birdie lives in a house like this :)! I created the swing with some pins and cardboard and a cocktail stick. I have added some bells to the bottom for a nice Christmas jingle and the chipboard bird is from my stash. I painted it and added pearl eyes and feathers for wings and a tail. The bottom of the birdcage is glittered with diamond dust.

I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges! Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's amazing Christmas ornaments - they will really blow you away! Thanks for looking! x

11 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Jane this is beautiful, stunning creation, love it all, hugs Liz xx

yvon said...

Hi Jane,
OMG, this is so beautiful. So much work, so much to see. Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs, Yvon

Berry said...

Goodness Jane this is so beautiful hugs Rebekah xx

Chrissy said...

Stunning, beautiful work Jane...Imagine this in a shabby chic bedroom [sigh]..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

BAstelfeti said...

Wow what a wonderful lantern.

Hugs BAstelfeti

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Goodness me Jane that is a work of art! I would love to live in it!! Fantastic, love it xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous birdcage ♥

Claudia said...

wow this lantern is beautiful!!!!
hugs

Chris said...

WOWEE, it's incredible Jane, so perfectly beautiful and girly. I want one!!! Big hugs, Chris xx

Jayne A said...

Oh wow. what stunning creation.

Jayne
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I can't comment on all of your work simply because it has been too long since my last visit and you have made too much loveliness while I have been away but I couldn't NOT comment on this creation. It's a STUNNER! Hugs, Lesley