Saturday 24 December 2011

The Sketchy Challenges DT - Lizzie's Sketch

Woohoo!! It's Christmas Eve! I LOVE Christmas Eve don't you!?!?! All the yummy things being prepared for tomorrow....the smell of mince pies warming....going to get the turkey......sending the kids to bed early so we can get building and wrapping toys!! I think mine are going to have to go to bed at about 5pm today so we can get the dolls house and bike done that we have to build LOL!!  I am doing lots of food preparations today - a ham joint, tiramisu, bread sauce, stuffing, and peeling all the vegetables for tomorrow - busy day!!
It is time for another challenge at The Sketchy Challenges today, and yes I know, you're probably far to busy to be bothering with a challenge right now but what perfect timing for you to be able to create something with all the crafty stash Santa brings you tomorrow :)! We have a sketch for you by Lizzie this fortnight. Now I have to admit I was a little stumped at first...I think this sketch would be amazing done as a scrapbook page with the heart as a photo but I didn't have time to do one of those. Then I found the diecut reindeer on the floor of my craft room that was left over from one of Tim's 12 tags and that gave me the idea for my card.
This sketch is also perfect for using up all those scraps that I save (and I'm sure you do too LOL). Even the card base of my card was a scrap left over from creating my daughter's snowflake costume! I thought this was going to be such a quick card to create but it actually took a considerable amount of time to decide what order I was going to lay the scrap strips down in for the best effect!
The reindeer was cut with Tim's Reindeer flight die from pearlescent cardstock.

The sentiment is by Stempelglede and the gems are from my stash.

I hope I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at The Sketchy Challenges! Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations! Thanks for looking and have a fabulous Christmas!!! x

No comments: