Sunday 11 December 2011

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 10

Well, I had to stay up late to get this one done but I managed it! I'm so glad I did, if you haven't tried the technique Tim shared on creating your own transparencies with clear tape you really must have a go - it is unbelieveable! I don't have any facets so created one with acetate and one with a glass pebble. I wrote out the music myself for the background with a permanent pen as I don't have the music stamp. Wish the light wasn't so poor - this tag is so gold and shiney in real life and the photos just don't do it justice.


Here's a close up of my first "bauble" you can just see the effect towards the left where you can see the metal shining through the image. I didn't have any images of Santa Claus that were small enough unfortunately so the "believe" doesn't really make much sense to the rest of the tag LOL - never mind!


Here's a close up of the pebble one. I used just ordinary sellotape for mine and it worked brilliantly!

I added a couple of silver beads from my stash and some tulle. The embossed holly was stamped with a Stempelglede stamp.



I added some grungeboard letters and covered them in gold stickles as I don't have gold paint. I should have inked the edges black first - can tell it was late LOL - I think I might see if I can get them back off and ink them as they would look much better that way.

The baubles are attached with jute string and a tiny brad at the top.

I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

9 comments:

Hlora said...

Ahh this is so sweet...

Anita Wells said...

Gorgeous Jane. Well done for keeping up (almost) with Tim. I'm really lagging behind this time. Next year (ha ha) I intend to start my cards earlier and I will have all the time for Tim!
xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful Jane!!!! I can't believe you wrote out the music yourself!!! GREAT JOB!!! I would have never known you did that as you did it so good!!! Looks like it came that way..
hugs......

Debbie said...

Wow Jane, Love it. I did not get a chance to do this one, I was busy doing "housework" Yak and Putting up the tree!
Your take on this is stunning, love it. Debbiexx

Nicki said...

Another lovely tag Jane:)
I really am dying to get better to make the rest of the tags. I might try a simple one tomorrow:)

looking forward to see the rest of them.

Nicki.xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a sweet tag, Jane and such a lot of effort that went into the making of it. I must say, I really like the transparency film idea. Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

What a gorgeous tag Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kylie said...

Wow you've put so much work into this tag Jane. It looks awesome and I love all the little details.

Hugs, xo

Hanneke said...

Wow Jane, this looks great! I love all the gold and your hand written music sheet looks great, adds a really nice touch. Hugs, Hanneke