Saturday 17 December 2011

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 12 and and oops moment!

Woohoo!! At last I found time to create the final tag from Tim's 12 tags of Christmas! I'm so glad I did as this one was a really great one to do! But first to my oops moment! If you've been following the tags I've created you'll know that on two previous tags that called for a music stamp I have sat scribbling my own, taking up considerable time......this tag called for a script stamp so off I went to my basket of wood mounted stamps for mine.......only to find a Tim Holtz music paper stamp that I'd completely forgot I had! DOH!!!! How embarrassing to have so much stuff you forget what you have - needless to say I didn't mention the incident to my husband LOL!!! Anyway, back to the tag. I stamped the script stamp onto the tag and then painted it with white acrylic paint. I then stamped my newly discovered music stamp onto some tissue paper and adhered it over the top of the script stamping, crumpling it as on Tim's tag.

I cut my own house shape from some grungepaper and painted it with sky blue paint by Claudine Hellmuth. I then painted some white paint over the top to lighten it before covering in rock candy stickles. The edges were then inked with walnut stain distress ink and a bit more white paint added along the edges. I wrote the "all is calm" myself and added a tiny braided mirror and a winged charm from my stash as I don't have any of Tim's fractured dolls.

I created the faux dresden paper following Tim's instructions and cut "wish" using the vintage market die and layered it with black letters too. I added a snowflake charm and a couple of clear beads from my stash to the ribbon.

I also cut some of the faux dresden paper with Tim's lace die and added it along the bottom along with some tinsel. I added dots of gold stickles all around the edge instead of the platinum stickles Tim used.

Love how Tim made this flower! I made mine from ordinary tissue paper stamped with a Whiff of Joy background stamp and I also added a swirl and a branch piece from the festive greenery die.

This has got to be my absolute favourite of the tags with the tag from day one following in a very close second place!! Now I just have to decide if I'm going to part with them on gifts or keep them for myself for inspiration of all the great techniques I've learned! Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

6 comments:

Mieke'S said...

Very nice!
Greetings Mieke'S

Nicki said...

Lol! At the stamp, I do that all of the time!
Yay!! Well done on completing the tags. I'm not sure I'm going to make it :0( (maybe next year).
I love the tag too!!

Nicki.xxx

Linda . J said...

Love your tag Jane, all the details are so fabulous.
Have a great Christmas and a truly blessed New Year.
Hugs Linda

Hlora said...

It is really nice! Love the WISH a lot!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous take on the Tim Tag. I did laugh at you not knowing you had that stamp...I have just had the same "converstaion" (via comment box) with Vicky. She made a card with a lovely image, i have it too and had forgotten I had it and it's a Christmas image.....too late now all my cards done and dusted!
I won't tell your other half if you don't!. Debbiexx

Ms_Dee said...

Beautiful take on Tim's tag....Don't feel bad...I found a lot of things either i forgot I had or had misplaced previously...and in doing this challenge came across it again....