Monday 5 December 2011

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 4

Oh my goodness have you seen Tim's tag today?? so striking - I just love it! Unfortunately I only have brown alcohol ink not the lush red Tim used so not sure just yet how I'm going to create mine. Anyway, here's my version of yesterday's tag. I don't have the snowman die so thought I'd go with one of the reindeers from the gorgeous reindeer flight die.

I used a nestie die to cut the snowrlake - love the gorgeous effect with the rock candy crackle paint!


Here's my reindeer. Love how the effect turned out and I added the feather and pearls to his head and gave him a chiffon scarf.

I really loved Tim's resin look cut out letters but unfortunately the reindeer's body is rather thin (not that I have the 25 day anway LOL) so I had a go at cutting the numbers out. It has worked but really the numbers are too small for it to be effective but I can't wait to try the technique out on something else.

I created the snowflake border with acetate and added some buttons from my stash with some tulle - LOL the hazards of creating at night in poor light! - I thought the scrap of tulle I found was white last night but alas this morning it would appear it is pale pink - oh well!!

I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

8 comments:

Colleen B. said...

Jane your tags are gorgeous!! And well done for getting them done on time, don't think I could manage that.....LOL

Riet said...

What a gorgeous tag Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Well done Jane a beautiful take on Tim's tag x

Chris said...

Hi Jane! Brilliant to see you're doing the tags as well. This is a beauty and I love the effect you got with the crackle, I think I was a bit heavy handed with the stain over the top and LOL with how long it took to dry, seemed like forever :D. Love the delicacy of your tag, it's so gorgeous. Big hugs, Chris x

Jayne A said...

Beautiful tag. I would find it really hard to give this away on a pressie.

Jayne
x

Gerrittina said...

Wauw, this one is great too!!

Nicki said...

Jane, I love it!! Have you got green or or even pink alcohol inks?

I can't wait what you come up with:)

Nicki.xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I simply cannot comment on everything I have missed Jane but I am admiring it all. I must say, I really am enjoying all of your tags, especially! Hugs, Lesley