Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 5

When I first saw Tim's tag yesterday I wasn't sure how I was going to create something similar myself as I only have brown alcohol ink and no reflections stamps but I love how this turned out and I think it's my second favourite tag now (the first one being my absolute favourite so far!).

I used the Magnolia Christmas text stamp all over a piece of white cardstock and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I then inked the whole tag with festive berries and fired brick distress inks - LOVE the gorgeous rich red it has produced! I was going to leave it like that but then I thought I'd see what it looked like with acetate over the top to at least give the effect of Tim's tag - and it looked amazing! - so I have covered the tag with an acetate tag. I created my wreath with some leaf ribbon, added pearls from my stash and a little bow. I was doing the tag from memory and then when I've checked back on Tim's blog I see his bow had tails so I think I'm going to redo the bow for one with tails :).

I added some white ribbon from my stash as I don't have any tulle (unfortunately, as I love the stuff!).

You can see in this photo that it is covered in acetate. The photos are really not doing it justice - it looks so glossy and beautiful in real life! Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

5 comments:

Linda . J said...

Beautiful tag Jane love the colours and your gorgeous design, it looks terrific.
Hugs Linda

Doreen said...

A gorgeous tag,love the wreath.xxx

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous tag.

Jayne
x

Riet said...

So gorgeous tag Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicki said...

I love it Jane :).xxx