Friday 9 December 2011

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag 7

I love Tim's seventh tag - just my colours and gorgeous shabby details! The dull light doesn't really pick up the gorgeous background very well but it looks so beautiful in real life!
I don't have the stamps Tim used so I used a Whiff of Joy background text stamp and a piece of plastic wrapping for the crackled effect - I'm really loving the inventive part of creating these tags when you haven't got the correct items! The sentiment is by Stempelglede, stamped with black soot distress ink and clear embossed.
I added a scrap of lace from my stash and some silver cord that I teased out to look like tinsel. The berries were originally silver and white so I've coloured them with copics..
I have the tree die so I was able to create the branches easilly. I have used the sizzix holly swirl die for my leaves and used greaseproof paper as I don't have glassine :). It worked brilliantly and I think it looks just like the glassine paper! They didn't quite end up dark enough though - I think I'll use a darker green next time as it lightens when you heat it into the paper.
I coloured a scrap of pale blue ribbon green using distress ink.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

Your tags are all gorgeous but this one is my favourite so far, I think because it is so much in your style.
Jane
x

Riet said...

So beautiful tag Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

MagsB said...

Your interpretations of Tim's Tags are lovely! It's fascinating to see you adapt your stash, so clever!

one thing puzzles me - how did you use cling film to reproduce the crackle effect?! It looks good!!

love MagsB x