Tuesday 20 December 2011

Vintage Christmas Card

I'm back with another one of my six last minute Christmas cards I had to make! As time was of the essence I was searching everywhere for ready coloured images and things that would make the whole process quicker. I found this Stempelglede image already stamped and coloured with distress inks from last year while I was experimenting with these amazing photo stamps. The stamping isn't quite as crisp as it should be, which is why I hadn't used it but I don't actually think it looks too bad now it's on the card.





I added a snowflake decoration from my local garden centre behind the image and a poinsettia from my stash. The blossom and rose are from Wild Orchid Crafts - love the colour of that blossom! The pearl and the pearl brad are from The Hobby House.

I added a scrap of gold ribbon I found in a box of christmas decorations when we were decorating the tree. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy and was cut with the tag die from Whiff of Joy too. The gold thread was originally the hanger on the snowflake decoration. The border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.


I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

5 comments:

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Jane. Your image looks perfect to me. I love Stempelglede stamps.

Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas, and happy, peaceful new year:)

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the vintage feel....

Unknown said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous. TFS Suzanne

gila said...

oh jane, ist das schööön
lg gila