Monday 9 January 2012

Brick Cake Anyone?

 LOL I don't have a card to share today but I have been being creative in the kitchen instead the last few days so thought I'd share with you the cake I made for my Father in Law's birthday.  He's a builder so the obvious idea for a cake was a brick!  Although I actually think it looks more like a loaf of bread that's turned a funny colour LOL - I couldn't get the top and sides to stay straight - too hot in the kitchen I think!  The cake inside was chocolate madiera cake with chocolate buttercream.
 Here's a side view.  In hindsight I think two smaller bricks would have looked better as this is a bit out of proportion.  I was pleased with the colour though.  I created the texture on the sides with a cheese grater.
I added some tufts of grass and some ivy leaves and lots of blobs of icing to look like cement - in fact my favourite part of the whole cake is the blog of cement on the right of this picture - I think that looks the most realstic!  Thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Wendy said...

This is fab Hun brill job it looks perfect to me he will be very pleased well done.


Wendy

Hanneke said...

Ooh, I bet your father in law loved it! It sure does look yummie. Hugs, Hanneke

Unknown said...

WOW Jane, It looks really awesome!!! Your a clever girl, I hope your FIL liked your efforts!! I bet it tasted pretty yummy too!!!
Hugs
Karen
xxxx