Saturday 14 January 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT - Black and White Image

Woohoo!  We have a new challenge for you over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and this week we'd like you to colour your images in black and white - a technique which I love!  I couldn't wait to ink up Tilda and Edwin cuddling each other - such a gorgeous image and perfect for cards from my two little ones!  I made this for their Grandad's birthday.  
I've coloured the image with copics and inked around the edge of the image mat with black soot distress ink.
The ticket sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and then I have written Grandad on it.
The Birthday Wishes sentiment is also from Whimsy Stamps and the little wooden button is from The Hobby House.  I have used Tim's weathered clock die behind the image.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations!  Thanks for looking! x

6 comments:

Louise said...

Hi sweetiepie!
Auw, this is such a sweet little couple, just like your beautiful kiddos ;) Stunning colouring and such an amazing match with those lush, lush papers :)

Hugs

Julie said...

This is so gorgeous, Jane - your colouring is just divine!! Lovely layout too! Hugs, Juliexx

Debbie said...

Stunning card Jane. Cannot tell how yo have done the image is brilliant. I have this weathered clock, it is lovely isn't it?
I just think your card is so good. Debbiexx

Di said...

Oh Jane this is awesome!! yet to try this technique but you have done it perfectly!!
Hugs Di xxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Magda said...

Love this one!!!
Love your color combination and the beautiful image!
The clock match perfect with your paper.
Great work Jane!!
Have a nice day
Magda