Monday 6 February 2012

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop DT - Anything Goes

Woohoo!!  It is time for another challenge at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and this month our theme is "Anything Goes".  I was so excited when I received my DT pack from Sarah for this month!  The colours were so gorgeous and right up my street!  I thought I'd try something different and bought a couple of plastic headbands to decorate for my little girl and am so pleased how they turned out.   Everything I have used to decorate them is from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop!
I used the lush rose silky crush ribbon (my favourite from the whole shop!) to create a large blousey rose for the first head band which I've decided is for her to wear at parties (as it is so posh!).  I created some little leaves for it with sea moss seam binding.
I wrapped the entire headband with more of the sea moss seam binding and then added the pink cut out hearts ribbon over the top.  I think this makes it look so pretty and was so thrilled it worked!
Here's another shot of the headband from the side and just because I'm so in love with it! 
For the second headband (which she can wear everyday if she wishes), I left the head band how I bought it and created a rolled rose from more of the rose silk crush ribbon.  I made some leaves as for the other rose with the sea moss seam binding and then added a sprinkling of gorgeous rose pink dew drops in the centre.
Here's a picture of my little girl modelling her party headband......
....and her every day headband.  When I asked which she liked best she said she loves them both the same :)!
I'm sure this won't be my only forray into headbands - I enjoyed making them so much and they look so much prettier than ordinary pastic ones!  I hope I've inspired you to join us this month at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creatins.  Thanks for looking! x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so cute. love it!!

kelly said...

Stunning Jane,well done,no wonder your little girl loves them.really clever.Gorgeous colours too

craftymum said...

gorgeous Jane
you can enter these into Hotshot Crafts challenge ... flowers
hugs Sarah x

Sasha said...

Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. You create some really beautiful things, too. I love your headbands, and your little girl looks just adorable modelling them...bless her!

Sol said...

WOW.. Have you made this!..
Stunning!.. So So Beautiful!..
Gorgeous work! :o)

Sonia said...

Hello Jane
Adorable incluiding the pretty girl photo. GREAT JOB!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com