Friday 17 February 2012

The Sketchy Challenges DT - Bettina's Sketch and Whiff of Joy DT

 Woohooo!!  It is time for another fab sketch at The Sketchy Challenges and this fortnight our lovely Bettina has provided the sketch.  I have used scraps of papers without names - I'm really trying to be good and use them all up before buying any more!!  I've distressed the edges and added stickles only as I wanted to keep the soft look of the papers.
 This is Henry with Large Flower from Whiff of Joy's new release.  He's so cute!  I've coloured him with copics and for a change I added some white dots to his cheeks with a gel pen which I think really finishes him off, so I think I'll be adding those to all my Henry's in future.  I punched a little hole in the centre of the flower and added some flower stamens to add some 3D interest to the image.
 The butterfly was cut with the new die from Whiff of Joy and I twisted a couple of flower stamens to create the body and antennae.
 I added some gorgeous Whiff of Joy ribbon in moss green and a butterfly charm from the Hobby House.
 I used Magnolia's swirl die to cut the green swirl and added some flowers and a button from my stash.  The gorgeous doily behind the image mat is from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at The Sketchy Challenges.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations!  Thanks for looking! x

4 comments:

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Jane,

Wonderful creation and a adorable stamp!
Just love the pink and moss green
I'm at the moment very inn to these colors
Love it!!

Hugs Sonja
Great wonderful weekend !

Andrea C said...

Love the card but that is just brilliant the stamped flower with the 3d stamen? xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jane I'm Elaine, well you said it ....Janes Lovely cards !!
And you are so right, it's all in the detail Jane, your cards and scrap pages are lovely.
This little guy is so cute , love the look on his face, made me smile.
Elaine.W

Marrie said...

Hello Jane,

What a beautiful card with nice details.
What a nice stamp you have used.

Greetings Marrie