Tuesday 27 March 2012

Sundays With Crissy Challenge DT - Animals

 Woohoo!  I'm back with my second project for today.  It is my turn to create for the Sundays With Crissy challenge and this month our theme is "Animals".   I had great fun creating this easel card to look like a pond and lily pad for Crissy's handsome "Frog Prince" digi from Whimsy Stamps.  It is made just like an ordinary easel card except I cut the easel part as a thin strip so it is hidden by the frog.
 I've coloured the image with copics and added some stickles to the jewel on his crown.
 I cut the lily pad freehand from some coredinations cardstock and the lily flower was created with some poinsettia flowers cut with a Marianne Creatables die.  I then added some stamens from my stash.
 I created a little sign and have written the Hoppy  Birthday myself.  Although there is the lily flower I think this card could still be given to a man - what do you think??
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this month at Sundays With Crissy Challenge.  You still have a few more days left to enter!  Thanks for looking! x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So different and so lovely Jane FAB idea and FAB card Hugs Elaine

Milliesmarvels said...

Lovely to have you back! Both your creations today are gorgeous! I love the little frog even though I have a phobia of them!
Jane
x

Martina said...

Oh my God! O LOVE frogs and this is too cute!! Wanna play with him and sit it to my other frogs here in the licing-room..hee, hee =)
Sooo great Jane!
Hugs,
Martina

nicolet said...

Ooh wow this is gorgeous Jane!
Hugs nicolet

mgoll88 said...

Great.... looks fantastic!!!
Lovely Creation =)

LG
Michaela

Anonymous said...

Oh that is the most adorable card! What a clever creation! I absolutely LOVE this! hugs, Angela